Traineeship in Business Administration PROVIDENT HOUSING LIMITED
Closing date: 12 Dec 2022
This Traineeship work experience is part of an education and training programme that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core is the Work Preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high-quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths, English, Digital Skills and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
Are you eligible?
Are you currently not in a job? Do you have little or no work experience?
Are you aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 4?
Daily tasks could include the following:
- Checking and processing paperwork/data entry
- Photocopying, scanning documents and creating files
- Answering and dealing with incoming calls
- Attend and contribute to team meetings
- Respond to email queries when necessary
- Liaising with various departments within the business
- Possible social care required
Our traineeship programme is designed to develop the candidate's knowledge, skills, and confidence while providing valuable work experience and exclusive access to apprenticeship opportunities.
This is a government-funded training programme with no financial commitment required by the candidate, however, candidates will be expected to commit to the full 7-week programme and to follow attendance and behaviour policies as within the workplace.
Please note, our first 3 weeks are to be done online. At the moment, we are not looking in re-opening our classrooms. Placements will be at your chosen career
This Traineeship Opportunity is unwaged.
We as a training provider will also support you for up to 6 months after the 7-week course has been completed, if you are unsuccessful at gaining employment should you require additional support.
Training to be provided
The candidate will complete a 7-week pre-employment training programme which will be a mix of classroom workshops and 100 hours work based experience.
Our course is set to run for 7 weeks but some may finish later (up-to 6 months) depending on the one to one support needed.
The first 3 weeks will be a classroom workshop at our traineeship centre, the candidate will then go out to the work placement for the following 4 weeks.
While in workshop with us you will learn:
- Health and safety
- Equality and diversity
- Time management
- Team working
- English and maths
- Interview techniques
- CV writing
- Specific sector knowledge
A traineeship is a course with work experience that gets you ready for work or an apprenticeship. It can last up to 12 months.
You can apply if you’re:
- eligible to work in England
- unemployed and have little or no work experience
- aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 4
- a work experience placement
- help with English and maths (if you need it)
You won’t be paid, but you may be given expenses for things like travel and meals.
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 15:30.
Possible start date
13 Dec 2022
06 Apr 2022
About the employer
PROVIDENT HOUSING LIMITED
Desired skills and what this will lead to
Desired skills and qualities
You must not already hold a Level 3 qualification or higher to be eligible for this opportunity.
- Computer literate
- Good time keeping
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Willingness to learn
- Confident verbal and written communications
- Able to deal with telephone calls with confidence
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Act in a professional manner at all times
- Must be organised
- Polite telephone manner
- Commitment and enthusiasm
- Proactive approach
- Positive attitude
- Desire to succeed
- Highly motivated
What this will lead to
After successful completion of the Traineeship course, you will receive a certificate of completion and a letter of reference as a minimum, to support future job applications.
This is a work experience opportunity that could lead into paid employment. Job offers and apprenticeships are not guaranteed and based on the candidate’s performance while in the work placement.
Things to consider
- Eligible to work in England
- Unemployed and have little or no work experience
- Aged 16 to 24
- Does not currently hold a level 4 and above qualification in any subject
- Not currently enrolled with another college or training provider
- Willing to travel up to 45 minutes for the work placement
- Available full for the 7 weeks Monday - Friday between 9.00am- 3.30pm
- Has required ID such as in date passport, driving license or birth certificate
- Has proof of current address
- Has a National Insurance number?
- No criminal record- clear from cautions or convictions