Step 2 Care Traineeship programme Dorothy Gardner
Closing date: 15 Dec 2021
This Traineeship work experience is part of an education and training programme that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core is the Adult and Childcare Preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths, English, Digital Skills and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
This Traineeship Opportunity is unwaged.
Are you eligible?
- Are you currently not in a job? Do you have little or no work experience?
- Are you aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 4?
Learners will also receive a 105 - hour work placement. All our employers are providing practical and supported work experience placements to young people eager to get their first taste of work. Our Traineeships are linked, wherever possible, to live vacancies.
- listening to children read
- reading to them or telling them stories
- helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- helping teachers to plan learning activities
- complete records
- supporting teachers in managing class behaviour
Some of the roles available include:
- Adult Care
- Emotional Support
- Physically Support
- Mental Support
If we know the sector a Young Person is looking to work in, we will source an employer in that area in advance of them starting their position.
Training to be provided
Participants will receive a qualification in customer service, learn key employability skills, such as workplace behaviours, office IT skills, teamwork, and communication and receive support in both English and maths
London Learning Consortium
london learning consortium 02087744040 firstname.lastname@example.org
14 week Step to Step 2 Care Traineeship programme with at least a three weeks work placement opportunity within Adult Care and Child Care sector. 35 hours per week maximum.
Possible start date
29 Dec 2021
4 days ago
Desired skills and what this will lead to
Desired skills and qualities
- A benevolent approach and the capacity to comfort customers, whatever their physical or social needs.
- The capacity to be prudent, sometimes at their own expense.
- A good sense of humour (can help in extremely difficult situations).
- Regard and Respect
- Great stamina
- supporting people with social and physical activities
What this will lead to
- Participants will receive a 105 - hour work placement
- All our employers are providing practical and supported work experience placements to young people eager to get their first taste of work
- Our Traineeships are linked, wherever possible, to live vacancies