Traineeship Chef Assistant/Trainee Chef Aforderble Catering
Closing date: 30 Nov 2021
A traineeship is a course with work experience that gets you ready for work or an apprenticeship. It can last up to 12 months.
You can apply if you’re:
- eligible to work in England
- unemployed and have little or no work experience
- aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 4
- a work experience placement
- help with English and maths (if you need it)
You won’t be paid, but you may be given expenses for things like travel and meals.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and thriving Catering company based in Benfleet, Essex. If you are passionate about food, reliable and trustworthy. And enjoy working as part of a thriving team. This is your chance to learn new skills and develop your carrier within the catering industry. with the potential to progress to an Apprenticeship and future potential employment.
You will be responsible for day to day duties such as:
- Preparation of food
- Working to and from a set menu
- Working as part of a team & independently
- Learning Recipes
- Sorting and organising stock from deliveries
- Pot Washing
This Traineeship work experience is part of an education and training programme that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core is the Work Preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths, English, Digital Skills and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
This Traineeship Opportunity is unwaged.
Are you eligible?
- Are you currently not in a job? Do you have little or no work experience?
- Are you aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 4?
Training to be provided
This Traineeship opportunity includes work preparation training, Functional Skills maths and English support for those who require it and a high quality work experience placement.
Your training with us will include:
- Confidence building
- Interview preparation
- CV building
- Team working
- English and Maths - working towards Functional Skills if required
The LightBulb Limited
Gary Samuels 07957 075616 email@example.com
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm. Some weekend work to be discussed at interview.
Possible start date
01 Dec 2021
01 Sep 2021
Desired skills and what this will lead to
Desired skills and qualities
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Exhibit a high standards of food Hygiene
- Have a minimum Level 2 in Food & Hygiene would be preferable
- Have excellent communication skills and have an ability to prioritise daily tasks
- Have a full UK driving licence is preferable but not essential
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Used to working in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to manage a flexible working pattern
- Able to work alone with a high level of self-motivation and work ethic
- A strong ability to meet tight deadlines will ensure your success within this role
What this will lead to
After successful completion of the Traineeship course, you will receive a certificate of completion and a letter of reference as a minimum, to support future job applications.
Formal interview with the potential to progress into an apprenticeship.