Traineeship in Dental Nursing Mawsley Dental Clinic
Closing date: 28 Jan 2022
This Traineeship work experience is part of an education and training programme that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core is the Work Preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths, English, Digital Skills and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
This Traineeship Opportunity is unwaged.
Are you eligible?
1. Are you currently not in a job? Do you have little or no work experience?
2. Are you aged 19 to 24 and qualified below Level 4 (A level)?
The work placement will provide a broad set of experiences typically associated with working as a dental nurse in practice.
This may include but is not limited to the following:
- Ensure care and welfare of patients
- Preparing and maintaining clinical environment
- Observing sterilisation of instruments and complying with strict cross infection procedures
- Observing the mixing of materials
- Charting on the computer
- Developing digital x-rays
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials are within the surgery
- Carrying out some reception and administrative tasks
Training to be provided
This Traineeship opportunity includes work preparation training, Functional Skills maths and English support for those who require it and a high quality work experience placement.
The Tempdent Traineeship programme will prepare you to enter the dental profession as a dental nurse, however there may occasionally be different career opportunities available.
The Tempdent Traineeship programme is typically a 12-week programme but can be less if you secure a job beforehand, or longer if needed. The Traineeship programme is tailored to suit your individual needs.
The programme will include the following.
- Work preparation training
- A high-quality work placement
- Maths & English qualifications (where needed)
- Essential Digital Skills qualification (where needed)
Sehriban Cakmak firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday - Friday 9.30am-3.30pm until the work placement commences. Once the work placement commences the days and hours will vary in line with your requirements. This is likely to include Monday to Saturday dependent on requirements of the workplace.
Possible start date
30 Jan 2022
29 Jun 2021
Desired skills and what this will lead to
Desired skills and qualities
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Good team player
What this will lead to
The ideal outcome is that by the end of the Traineeship you will have.
After successful completion of the Traineeship course, you will receive a certificate of completion and a letter of reference as a minimum, to support future job applications.
Also you will receive guaranteed interview status for any suitable jobs
- Obtained secure employment, usually with an apprenticeship opportunity
- Completed any outstanding maths, English and Digital Skills qualifications
- Even if you decide that dentistry is not for you, you will have been provided with a written reference from your work placement