Traineeship in Childcare Mbkb Ltd
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
A Traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills that employers are looking for. At its core are work preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths and English and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
This Traineeships Opportunity is unwaged.
The program is four days per week, two in our classroom to learn Childcare basics, achieve L1, Safeguarding. Along with valuable interview skills and apprenticeship training.
During class sessions you will complete 3 units which consists of group work, power point presentations and at the end of each unit an assessment piece.
Two days based in a private day nursery or school gaining valuable experience within the childcare sector.
Then you will be gaining some practical skills from the work placement such as:
- Playing with the children.
- Helping at meal times.
- Supporting the children's development.
- Working well with other members of staff.
- Help create different activities.
During the course we also look at interview techniques and employability skills. All the while working with our recruitment team to gain entry to an apprenticeship in childcare.
Are you eligible?
- Are you currently not in a job? Do you have little or no work experience?
- Are you aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 3 (A level)?
Training to be provided
- Level 1 Introduction to Health, Social Care, Children's and Young Peoples Settings.
- Covering Safeguarding / Child Protection / EYFS / Prevent Duty and British Values.
Nicki Harrison 07494596865 firstname.lastname@example.org
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
30 Aug 2017
Desired skills and what this will lead to
Desired skills and qualities
A good communicator, with the ability to work well on your own initiative or as part of a team, committed to both the welfare and development of the children.
- Caring and Friendly
- Desire to work with Children
- Reliable and Trustworthy
- Able to use own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Desire to work in childcare