Traineeship in Warehousing. MERSEYSIDE GREETING CARDS LIMITED
Traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core are work preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths and English and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or job.
This Traineeship Opportunity is unwaged.
Are you eligible?
- Are you currently not in a job with little or no work experience?
- Are you aged 16 to 18 and qualified below Level 3 (A level) or aged 19 to 24 and not yet achieved a Level 2 (5 GCSE’s at grade C including maths and English)?
- Think you could be ready for employment or an apprenticeship within 6 months?
MGC would like to help young people aged 16 to 24 into work by offering quality Traineeship Work Experience opportunities in Warehousing and Distribution.
This position offers a valuable work experience opportunity with clear progression routes within the industry to those interested and a career in Warehousing and Distribution.
Over the work experience period you will spend 24 hours per week, Monday to Friday, working on site, learning various skills involved in the job role. Actual times and dates TBA on a weekly basis. This will give you valuable knowledge which will prove essential when applying for a job.
This Traineeship Opportunity is part of a full programme, which will include a further 6 hours each Thursday on off the job learning with The Vocational College, covering English and Maths, job search and employability skills.
Training to be provided
The Traineeship opportunity includes work preparation training, Maths and English support for those who require it and a high quality work experience placement.
- QCF Level 1 Certificate in Employability
- Level 1 Functional skills in Maths
- Level 1 Functional skills in English
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
For those who complete the Traineeship successfully and are offered an Apprenticeship with MGC, you will be undertaking the following NVQ Level 2 Warehouse and Distribution.
The Vocational College
Jane Manion 0151 606 5660 email@example.com
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
25 Aug 2017
Desired skills and what this will lead to
Desired skills and qualities
- Ability to work from written and verbal instructions.
- A good attention to detail.
- Be confident in talking to the client and customers.
- Excellent time keeping.
- Tidy in appearance.
- Willingness to learn.