Traineeship in Hospitality - Waitress/Waiter P R Entertainments Ltd
A Traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills that employers are looking for. At its core are work preparation training, English and maths for those who
need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths and English and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
This Traineeships Opportunity is unwaged.
Waiting staff serve customers by taking orders, serving food and preparing tables. An important part of the work is to make customers feel welcome and comfortable during their meal.
As a waiter or waitress, your main duties would include:
- Greeting customers as they arrive and showing them to their table
- Giving out menus and taking orders for food and drink
- Serving food and drinks
- Dealing with bill payments
- Making sure tables are clean and tidy
Training to be provided
This Traineeship opportunity is part of a full time programme which will include 16 hours per week in a high quality work placement and a further 6 hours each week with Smart Training in a local training centre, where you will cover English and Maths skills (if required), job search, employability and interview skills and study towards industry certificates that will help you to progress in this sector.
Dominika Mroczek, Lucy Brown 02037004294 email@example.com
Possible start date
19 Sep 2017
19 May 2017
Desired skills and what this will lead to
Desired skills and qualities
To become a member of the waiting staff you should have:
- excellent customer service skills
- an interest in food and drink
- high standards of personal hygiene
- the ability to remain calm under pressure
- an awareness of health and safety issues
- the ability to memorise orders
- good numeracy skills for dealing with bills and payments
- the ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Self-motivation and a passion for hospitality
- Good work ethic and a commitment to learning
What this will lead to
Things you can gain from this traineeship position:
- Valuable work experience to add to your CV.
- The opportunity to apply for internal vacancies.
- The potential to progress in to an intermediate apprenticeship with this Restaurant
- A reference to take away with you to help with future employment.