Chef Traineeship P R Entertainments Ltd
A Traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills that employers are looking for. At its core are work preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths and English and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
This Traineeships Opportunity is unwaged.
The duties may include:
- Assist more senior chefs in preparing meals in either part or in full
- Responsible for executing allocated dishes on time to the required standard
- Work as part of the kitchen team under the direction of the head chef, sous chef and chef de parties to support the demands of the kitchen
- Work in a clean and tidy manner
- Undertake training as required
- Maintain a positive and pro active attitude at all times
- Actively seek to improve skills and achieve personal development
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Comply at all times with the Staff Code of Conduct.
- Seek to ensure at all times that all visitors or guests on our sites have the best experience possible.
Training to be provided
This Traineeship opportunity is part of a full time programme which will include 16 hours per week in a high quality work placement and a further 6 hours each week with Smart Training in a local training centre, where you will cover English and Maths skills (if required), job search, employability and interview skills and study towards industry certificates that will help you to progress in this sector.
Dominika Mroczek 02037004294 email@example.com
Possible start date
19 Sep 2017
19 May 2017
Desired skills and what this will lead to
Desired skills and qualities
To become a chef, you will need to have:
- A keen interest in food and cooking strong communication and leadership skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- high standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- the ability to do several tasks at once creativity and imagination for food presentation
- the ability to work as part of a team good organisation skills
- Self-motivation and a passion for cooking
- Good work ethic and a commitment to learning