Teaching and Learning Assistant Apprentice Level 3 Atlas Community Primary School
• To support access to learning for pupils and provide general support to the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom • To supervise and ensure the safety of children throughout the day • To encourage children to treat each other with respect and to follow the school’s behavior policies at all times
Closing date: 22 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.50
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
30 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
- Supervise and support pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning, attend to the pupils’ personal needs. Implement related personal programmes such as provision maps, PSPs etc, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters
- Supervise and support pupils in healthy eating, physical activity, hygiene in the dinner hall, first aid and welfare matters
- Supervise designated areas, both inside and outside
- Ensure that all dining and other areas are cleared of pupils at the end of the lunchtime period
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage co-operatively in activities at lunch time
- Prepare classroom as directed for lessons and clear afterwards and assist with the display of pupils work
- Be aware of pupil problems/progress/achievements and report to the teacher as agreed
- Undertake pupil record keeping as requested
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required, including an evaluation record
- Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times, including before and after school and at lunchtimes
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required
- To support, uphold and contribute to the development of Equal Rights policies and practices in respect of both employment issues and the delivery of services to the community
Requirements and prospects
No specific skills are required, full training will be provided.
Outgoing, Enthusiastic, Methodical, Have good communication skills, Patient, Talkative.
A-C maths and English is desirable
You may be offered a full time role on timely completion of your apprenticeship
Things to consider
- You should make sure you are able to travel to the company and college before you apply for this vacancy. Make sure your travel costs are realistic for your apprentice salary
About the employer
Atlas Primary School provide a learning environment that opens up the world and challenges children beyond their thinking.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City Training Services
Chloe Whelan 01274 728316 C.email@example.com
- Successful candidates will automatically be enrolled onto the Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard which will typically last 24 months
- The programme focuses on candidates learning the relevant skills, knowledge and behaviours associated with administration, plus Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.