Apprentice Dental Nurse Bingley Dental Practice
Bingley Dental Practice located in the heart of Bingley are providing a fantastic opportunity for a hardworking and determined candidate to work with their team of qualified professionals as an Apprentice Dental Nurse.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
30 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Some of the jobs listed below will be part of your day to day activity:
- Provide chair-side assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- To communicate effectively with clinicians to provide high quality, patient focused care
- To provide and receive patient information which is complex and sensitive ensuring patient confidentiality is not compromised
- Building relationships with patients and showing excellent customer service
Requirements and prospects
- Good people skills, including the ability to work with children and difficult patients
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work well in a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Organisation and a methodical approach to work
- Confidence and a calm manner
- Ability to multitask
- Punctual and friendly
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Eager to learn and progress
- Work hard to achieve the apprenticeship qualification and help the company grow as a whole
Candidates must have GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in English and maths.
There are a range of post registration courses available for dental nurses looking to further their education. They may include a range of higher education qualifications or other work-related education and training to support continuing profession development such as Certificate in Dental Sedation Nursing, Certificate in Oral Health Education etc.
About the employer
Bingley Dental Surgery are an NHS registered Dentist that offer a full range of treatments and have many years experience providing care to the local community. The practice is based adjacent to the local train station making in easily accessible for customers and employees alike.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City Training Services
Tom Hughes 01274 728316 firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be required to study on a day release basis for the knowledge aspect of this qualification.
Units covered are:
- Infection Control
- Assessment of oral health and treatment planning
- Dental Radiography
- Management of oral health diseases and dental procedures
Evidence of workplace competency is gathered in an electronic portfolio.
The apprenticeship has an End Point Assessment (EPA) which will be arranged in your workplace.
Functional skills if needed.
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.