Apprentice Receptionist/Administrator Northway Medical Centre
This role will be to provide general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
Closing date: 14 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
17 Aug 2022
29 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
The duties and responsibilities to be undertaken by members of the practice administration team may include any or all of the items in the following list. Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of the Administration Team Leader or Practice Manager, dependent on current and evolving practice workload and staffing levels:
- Opening up/locking-up of practice premises and maintaining security in accordance with Practice protocols
- Maintaining and monitoring the practice appointments system
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional
- Processing and distributing incoming (and outgoing) mail
- Taking messages and passing on information in an accurate & timely manner
- Filing and retrieving paperwork
- Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice guidelines
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team member and associated healthcare agencies and providers
- Providing clerical assistance to practice staff as required from time to time, including word/data processing, filing, photocopying and scanning
- Monitoring of stationery and other supplies
- Provision of refreshments for staff and visitors as required; loading and emptying the dishwasher and keeping the kitchen area clean and tidy
- Keeping the reception area, notice-boards and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstructions and clutter
- Updating the patient calling/information screens within the three waiting areas
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Literate and numerate for medical terminology
- Good interpersonal skills/team player
- Can follow instructions
- Willing to learn
GCSE 9-5/A*-C+ in maths and English or equivalent.
It is expected there will be the opportunity to progress with the surgery.
Things to consider
Northway Medical Centre is currently working in a climate of change as is the wider healthcare sector. It is therefore expected that all staff will develop flexible working practices to be able to meet the challenges and opportunities of working within the surgery.
About the employer
Medical Centre Based in Sedgley with 6500 patients from the local community. We are a training practice delivering high quality care to our service users.
Northway Medical Centre
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Dudley College of Technology
Emma Southall 01384 363545
Business Administrator Level 3 Standard.
- End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills may be required
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.