Teaching Assistant Apprentice - Rainbow Education Multi Academy Trust St Silas C Of E Primary School
Working in a primary school coaching children aged 4 - 11 years old. As a teaching assistant you would support teachers and help children with their educational and social development, both in and out of the classroom.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
14 Nov 2022
24 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Working within a Primary School full-time as a Teaching Assistant, your duties will include:
- Supporting pupils with their numeracy
- Supporting pupils with their literacy
- Supporting pupils with their ICT skills
- Being involved in displays and preparing resources
- Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- Understanding the Safeguarding and Behaviour Policy
- Working with children aged 4 - 11 years
- Supporting a teacher in various roles within the classroom
- Ability to conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times whilst working in schools
- Running a breakfast club, lunch time club & after school clubs on occasional days
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills relevant to both children and adults
- Competent skills in numeracy, literacy and ICT
- Ability to self-manage and organise own time
- Pro-active willingness to work
- Innovative individual
- Always ensuring the children within school are put first
- Smart appearance
- Professional attitude
- Ambitious - hard working
- Desire to be a positive role model to young people
- Level of maturity with working in a school environment will be required
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 9-4/A*-C GCSE Grades in maths and English or equivalent
- This role could lead on to further employment after qualification has been completed
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
St Silas CE Primary School aims to serve its community by providing education of the highest quality. We will endeavour to support families to ensure that each and every child achieves their very best, aiming to develop all pupils into well-rounded citizens of the future.
As a church school, we encourage an understanding of the meaning and significance of all faiths, using Christian values to promote moral guidance for all our pupils.
We believe that education is about learners experiencing the joy of discovery, solving problems and being creative, understanding that achievement will result from learners being excited and engaged. Education will therefore be the fusion of excellence and enjoyment.
English and Maths will be the backbone of our pupils’ success in learning. We will build on our strengths to serve the needs of our children, using the skills of everyone in the school. We will drive our own improvement, setting challenging targets and recognising that, for the sake of our learners, we can always do better.
We will provide activities outside school hours to extend and enrich learning.
St Silas CE Primary School will be a bright, welcoming and friendly place, where children feel happy and secure. Success will be promoted, and progress, effort and achievement will be rewarded.
ASSET TRAINING & CONSULTANCY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Asset Training & Consultancy Ltd
Emily Coppack 07903 612947 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teaching Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- End Point Assessment (EPA)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.