Admin/Reception Apprentice Arthington Medical Centre
This is an exciting opportunity within a very busy doctor’s surgery for an apprentice to learn all aspects of the surgery’s Administration & Reception duties. Offer general assistance to the practice team, project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone, working towards a L3 qualification.
Closing date: 07 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
18 Aug 2022
14 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
This is an exciting opportunity within a very busy doctor’s surgery for an apprentice to learn all aspects of the surgery’s Administration and Reception duties.
The purpose of the role is to:
- Offer general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone
- Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way
- Undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the practice including the provision of secretarial and clerical support to clinical staff and other members of the practice team
- Facilitate effective communication between patients, members the primary health care team, secondary care and other associated healthcare agencies
Duties and responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities to be undertaken by members of the practice administration team may include any or all of the items in the following list. Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of the senior receptionist/practice manager, dependent on current and evolving practice workload and staffing levels:
- Maintaining security in accordance with Practice protocols, when necessary
- Maintaining and monitoring the practice appointments system
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional
- Processing and distributing incoming (and outgoing) mail
- Taking messages and passing on information
- Filing and retrieving paperwork
- Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice guidelines
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team member and associated healthcare agencies and providers
- Clearing and re-stock consulting rooms as required
- Providing clerical assistance to practice staff as required from time to time, including word/data processing, filing, photocopying and scanning
- Ordering, re-ordering and monitoring of stationery and other supplies
- Dealing with clinical waste collection companies
- Provision of refreshments for staff and visitors as required, loading and emptying the dishwasher and keeping the kitchen area clean and tidy
- Keeping the reception area, noticeboards and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstructions and clutter
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this job description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data
This list is not exhaustive, and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the business manager which are relevant to your role within the company to meet the overall business needs. The role will evolve as time and duties progress.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- IT skills
- Good attention to detail
- Well organised and thorough, even under pressure
- Flexible with hours
- Reliable and conscientious
- Excellent punctuality and attendance
- Willing to learn
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Great potential to progress into a permanent position for the right candidate.
Things to consider
This wage is in line with NMW for apprentices. The wage will be reviewed on a regular basis, dependent on the progression of the learner.
Make sure you can travel to the place of work on a daily basis.
Check the job description in full.
A risk assessment on a DBS check will be undertaken upon offer of employment
There needs to be some flexibility in working hours to cover all shifts. However, the surgery may require you to work extra hours during busy/holiday times.
About the employer
The practice was originally located at Arthington House, Leeds 10.
In September 1990 the practice moved to the present address at Moor Road.
Our premises offer a ramp for wheelchair users, a low section on the reception desk and toilet facilities in the waiting area.
C.M.S. VOCATIONAL TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by C M S Vocational Training Ltd
Mandy Hodson 01924 614523 firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Business Administration Apprentice, you will complete the following qualifications as part of your apprenticeship:
- Level 3 Business Administrator Standard Apprenticeship
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English if not already achieved
- You will also develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to work within an office environment
- This apprenticeship is delivered in the workplace and 20% of your working time will be dedicated towards training and learning new skills. You will be allocated a tutor who will provide you with personal support and assessment at pre-arranged times
- Assessment is through a variety of methods including observations in the workplace, witness testimonies, product evidence and professional discussions. All evidence will be logged to your electronic portfolio
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.