Test Engineer Apprentice RN Electronics Ltd
You will learn how to test wireless devices which use technologies such as Wi-Fi & Bluetooth, to ensure that they are compliant with international standards. Much of the testing takes place in our 6 metre high test chambers where we use hi-tech equipment to test the devices to measure their susceptibility to interference.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
12 Sep 2022
20 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Reporting to the Quality Manager who will oversee your training.
- You will be taught how to test electronic devices to international standards plus fault finding & troubleshooting.
- You will work as part of a team of highly skilled engineers and managers, testing wireless products to European standards under the Radio Equipment Directive, as well as testing to wireless product requirements for North America.
- You will also be involved with testing to European and worldwide Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) standards.
- During your apprenticeship you may be asked to support additional tasks such as goods in / out and site maintenance.
Requirements and prospects
- Strong electronics interest
- Very good written English and Mathematics skills
- Coding / programming skills
- Can work to deadlines
- Ability to follow Work Instructions and quality procedures
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers
- Flexibility to work overtime where requested
- Good commercial awareness
- BTec Level 2 Engineering
- GCSE's or equivalent in English and maths grades A*-C / 9-4
Progression to Test Engineer & career in high-tech electronics industry.
We have now had six apprentices, all of which have progressed in to well-paid roles within the business.
Things to consider
The day release for this apprenticeship will start in September 2021, however the company is happy to employ the successful candidate beforehand.
Rural location 2 miles from the nearest station (Shenfield) - therefore being able to drive would be an advantage.
About the employer
RN Electronics are a test laboratory specialising in the testing of electronic devices for electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and radio frequency (RF) performance.
We are part of the Kiwa group of testing, inspection & certification companies.
New City College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New City College
Sarah Clayton 01708 462887 email@example.com
- Level 3 Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Day release to attend college at our Rainham Construction Campus RM13 8GP
Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.