Engineering Maintenance Apprentice DOORCO LIMITED
DOORCO seek to recruit an enthusiastic and driven young person who has a passion for engineering, to work within their maintenance engineering team. This role be varied, working on and maintaining a number of different types of machines and equipment both mechanical and electrical.
Closing date: 28 Jun 2022
£12,000.00 - £17,000.00
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
04 Jul 2022
13 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
As an engineering apprentice, you'll be required to maintain complex equipment and ensure that high standards are adhered to for safety, manufacturing quality and documentation.
Under supervision the role holder will work on:
- Electrical and / or mechanical planned, unplanned maintenance, and process automation support activities.
- Performing unplanned equipment repairs and complete planned maintenance activities as per the schedule
- Trouble shooting problems in the event of mechanical and / or electrical failure of equipment and must be able to recommend parts needed for the effective repair of equipment to deliver a timely response to support manufacturing.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good team working skills
- High organisation skills and confidence to work independently
- High numeracy and literacy skills
- Computer literacy
- Logical thinking to be able to apply processes
- The ability to apply a rational approach to problem solving; making judgments based on sound reasoning, approaching problems in a logical manner
- Concerns for standards
- The ability to learn
- A good standard of maths and English is desirable
DOORCO is a growing business with many opportunities for career progression. After completion of your apprenticeship you will potentially have the opportunity to progress onto full time positions within the business and have the option for further learning on to higher levels.
Things to consider
Please check you can travel to DoorCo's manufacturing facilities in Macclesfield.
Employee Benefits including Health Cash Plan & Holiday Trading
- Company Intranet
- Reward and recognition
- Long service awards
- Gym discounts
- Employee events
- Dress down Friday
- Treat days
About the employer
DOORCO is the leading innovator in the composite door industry, with a reputation for building the highest quality doors & cassettes to match the increasing industry demands, DoorCo also offers a wide range of door & cassette designs appealing to both the commercial and retail sector and is consistently bringing new products to the market.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Macclesfield College
Maxim Business Training 01625410000 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Performance and Engineering Operations
- Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.