Early Years Educator Apprentice Brentwood Pre Prep School
The role is to support the children and teacher within the class. You must have a passion to work with children. You will help with covering a range of activities including outdoor play, lunchtimes, as well as learning/academic activities. Acting as a good role model, able to liaise with parents and staff and work as part of a team.
Closing date: 10 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
20 Apr 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Please note this Apprenticeship will start in September 2022
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- You will be supporting the staff and children in the class to ensure they are happy, settled and achieving
- You will need to work as part of a team and remain calm under pressure and be able to cope with the demands of young children, ie. eating, toileting
- You will be required to use an iPad to make observations and access planning
- You will be working with individuals as well as small groups of children in a range of activities, indoors and outdoors.
- Act as a good role model to the children.
- Liaise with parents regarding their child’s progress as well as other members of the team.
Requirements and prospects
- Be able to use an iPad
- Good knowledge of Microsoft, Word, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoy working with children
- Good level of common sense
- Professional manner
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- GCSEs (or equivalent) in maths and English Grades A-C (4-9)
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there may be the possibility of a full-time position
Things to consider
- Be prepared to go outside everyday whatever the weather
About the employer
We are Brentwood Preparatory school in Brentwood, Essex. From the age of 3 we welcome children into our community as they embark on one of the greatest journeys in life: education.
New City College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New City College
Sarah Clayton 01708 462887 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Day release to attend college at Havering campus
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.