Early Years Apprentice APPLE DAYCARE LIMITED
Responsibilities for working with a small number of children, giving them reassurance to feel safe and cared for and building relationships with their parents. Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 05 Dec 2022
£153.00 - £207.00
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
09 Jan 2023
25 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Your daily duties will be to be a reliable member of a team, working co-operatively and with flexibility, contributing positively to the development of a team environment.
- Work within the EYFS principles, adhere to and positively promote CMS policies, procedures and guidelines
- Understand each child as an individual and have a general understanding of childcare and child development
- Observe each child’s progress and report on achievements looking for progression and continuity
- Develop positive and trusting relationships with children parents, carers, staff and outside agencies
- Assist with the supervision of children at play (indoor and outdoor) and at mealtimes
- Under the guidance of the Room Supervisor and following the guidelines of the EYFS framework and Setting policy, assist with planning a programme of activities, suitable for the age range of the children
- Under the guidance of the Room Supervisor assist with the creation of a stimulating and attractive environment
- Strictly adhere to the agreed setting behaviour management policy and procedures, promoting positive behaviour at all times
- Ensure that your Room supervisor (or setting management in his/her absence) is aware of any incidents affecting the welfare of the children in your care
- Commit to developing and maintaining a multicultural, anti- racist, non-sexist environment respecting the children’s individual differences
Health and Safety
- Share responsibility for safeguarding all children within the setting. § Work as part of a team to ensure the building and all equipment indoors and out is in a safe and clean condition ensuring all faults are reported through the appropriate channels
- Ensure the general cleanliness of the children at all times
- Operate the highest standard of hygiene and cleanliness in the nappy changing/toilet area and food service areas
- Be familiar with all emergency and security procedures e.g. fire drill, dropping off and collecting routines
- During snack and mealtimes ensure all children are supervised and that by following setting policy and procedures around dietary requirements, needs are safely met.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of all information received
- Undertake the apprenticeship training including Cache Diploma for the children and young people’s workforce (level 2/3) § Attend training programmes and meetings with other staff and parents as is reasonably required
Requirements and prospects
- Good written and communication skills
Enjoy working as part of a small team
Grades A-D (9-3) in maths and English GCSE is essential
There will be opportunities for progression and a permanent position subject to performance
Things to consider
The setting is based in a country lane, bus stops and train stations are not within walking distance. The candidate will need their own transport.
About the employer
The house is set in one and a half acres of grounds, in Epping Green Near Hertford SG13 8NB. I have a well-equipped indoor play area/ Nursery Room and Separate Craft room as well as a large, child friendly garden, offering a Swimming pool Climbing frame and monkey bars play area next to a large paddock. We have access to some of the most beautiful woodland/ bridleway walks and bike rides. The village offers a well-equipped village shop and a play area, all within easy walking distance of my home. I offer a range of contract options including all year round or term time only. I offer before and after school childcare. I also offer ‘as and when’ childcare for busy parents needing just a few hours occasional childcare.
HERTFORD REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Hertford Regional College
The Apprenticeship Team 01992 411572 firstname.lastname@example.org
Working towards completing level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.