Production Technician Apprentice EP UK INVESTMENTS LTD
An opportunity has arisen for us to recruit an apprentice to join the Langage Power Station. The apprenticeship scheme is run in conjunction with City College Plymouth and is aimed at finding the next generation of Production Technicians. You will be completing learning both at college and at Langage Power Station
Closing date: 05 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
29 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Reporting to the Production Team Leader. You will be learning to perform operation and maintenance of the site to achieve a high level of Health, Safety and Environmental performance, production performance and asset security in order to deliver agreed power generation production plans in line with customer requirements, safely and cost effectively.
Developing skills in disciplines such as
- Planning work with risk assessments
- Method statements and contract management
You will also be working within the Production team to support the delivery of the required levels of reliability, availability and flexibility of business targets whilst complying with statutory, regulatory, and Company policies, guidelines and standards, and industry best practice. Demonstrable through the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Other duties will include:
- Learning to operate, maintain and inspect equipment to meet legislative requirements, (e.g. Valves, pumps, motors, switch gear, generators, gas turbines)
- Working with the Engineering Team to effectively plan and deliver outages to time, quality and budget
- To establish and maintain effective communication networks within own and wider team, ensuring business objectives and activities are understood and best practice is shared, through participation in toolbox talks and site meetings
- Support the Production team with the operational activities of a CCGT power plant comprising a complex and diverse range of equipment operating 24/7/365 in a stop and starting regime
Requirements and prospects
Our Ideal candidate will have:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Teamworking skills
- Problem solving skills
- The ability to work under pressure, with guidance
- Good numeracy, literacy and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable competence in use of IT/IS skill e.g. MS Office
- Flexible approach
- Good attention to detail
- A hunger to learn
- Adapts quickly to changes in the job and work environment
- Enjoys being fully involved in ensuring the business is a success
- 5 GCSE's Grades 4 / C or above or equivalent. Including Maths, English and Science.
On completion you will have achieved all requirements and associated qualifications for the following Apprenticeship Standard. Level 3 Engineering Technician - Mechatronics Maintenance Technician :
An HNC in a relevant discipline may be offered upon successful completion of the level 3 listed above.
Things to consider
Please consider the location of the position and how you would get here daily, when required to go to work.
The four-year scheme will allow students to earn a wage whilst studying for their Advanced Apprenticeship (Level three), equivalent to two A-levels. The first year will be spent studying at City College Plymouth with a further three years training at Langage Power Station with day release for further study. Opportunity to build and develop skills in the multi-disciplined areas of EC&I, Mechanical and Operations.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We are a UK energy company, primarily focusing on power generation from conventional and renewable sources.
Langage Power Station is a combined-cycle power plant that consists of a single 885 MW unit in multi-shaft configuration: 2 x Alstom GT26 gas turbines, exhaust gases heating heat recovery steam generators, powering a single STF30C steam turbine.
CITY COLLEGE PLYMOUTH
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City College Plymouth
Level 3 Engineering Technician - Mechatronics pathway.
Delivered at City College Plymouth and in house at Langage
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.