Furniture Manufacturing Apprenticeship Contour Furnishings Ltd
Apprentice to join our Furniture making. The successful candidate will be trained in all aspects of Furniture Making through WEBS structured training programme as well as on the job training. You will learn practical hands on skills and techniques to produce different types of furniture. This is an ideal opportunity for a practical person
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
£192.40 to £380.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
11 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Being a Manufacturer is a skilled trade with excellent career opportunities. You will learn a mixture of assembly techniques using a variety of tools and equipment. You must have an excellent eye for detail and strive for perfection.
Duties will include:
- Picking from raw materials – gaining knowledge of timber technology
- Working from cutting lists, technical drawings and specifications
- Measuring and marking out components
- Producing pre-assembly work including boring holes and counter sink
- Producing mouldings prior to assembly
- Producing prototypes
- Operating hand tools including chisels, screwdrivers and mallets
- Operating power tools including hand routers, biscuit jointers and staple guns
- Operating powered machinery including dimension saw, planer, table routers to produce components required for cabinet making
- Completing assembly
- Quality checking your work throughout
- Mounting of fixings including hinges, locks and catches
- Sanding ready for finishing
- Final quality control checks
- Some roles you will be required to produce bespoke one-off pieces where in other roles, reputation is to be expected.
Requirements and prospects
Skills required to become a Furniture Manufacturer:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills to be able to speak to other departments regarding modifying drawings and cutting lists
- Ability and willing to learn skills and production techniques
- Good numeracy skills
- Good problem-solving ability
- Excellent attendance and timekeeping
- Ability to work under pressure
- This is an exciting opportunity for a practical minded person who is looking to start their career in Furniture Manufacturing
- The ideal candidate will be reliable, honest, assertive, willing to learn, a team player and flexible in their approach to work.
- None required, however the successful candidate will work towards their Functional Skills in both Maths and English if they have not achieved prior or have an equivalent.
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Furniture Making
- Progression within the organisation with more responsibility
- Operating CAD software
Things to consider
Full Driving Licence needed for this apprenticeship
- Are you a practical person looking to gain new skills
- Do you want to be part of a dynamic team
- Some Furniture Making roles you will be required to produce bespoke one-off pieces where in other roles, reputation is to be expected.
About the employer
Contour Furnishings Ltd has been designing and installing quality fitted bedrooms for over 25 years. Our products are manufactured on the premises by experienced cabinet makers and installed by our friendly professional fitters. We manufacture beautiful made to measure fitted bedrooms at a reasonable price with a vast range of door styles to choose from. We supply and fit hinged and sliding doors and cater for all tastes, ages and room sizes.
WEBS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Webs Training Ltd
Emma Dougan 01159 677771 email@example.com
During your apprenticeship programme you will receive training both off and on the job. You will be required to attend WEBS Training on Day release basis which is once per week, the rest of the time you will be within the work place. You will learn the underpinning knowledge that runs alongside your practical elements of the training. You will use a wide range of techniques whilst you complete a practical project.
WEBS Training aim to build on the skills you already have so you reach your full potential both personally and professionally.
Training will be provided in all areas of Furniture Manufacturing to ensure you are capable of creating practical and bespoke furniture using both traditional and modern techniques and materials to produce aesthetically pleasing and fit for purpose products.
If you have already achieved GCSE Maths and English at Grade 4 or above or have equivalent qualification you will be exempt from undertaking Functional Skills, however English and Maths support will be provided for all apprentices throughout the length of their programme.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.