Apprentice Engineer Technician NYLACAST LIMITED
The role will require the candidate to train to become an operator/setter/ programmer of CNC Milling/Turning Machines to produce a range of components to customer specifications.
Closing date: 24 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Aug 2022
11 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Main duties include within the First Year:
- Departmental Placements within Nylacast, which will give apprentices a good understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental issues that arise to working right the way through to Quality, Inspection and Machine shops
- Understanding Engineering Drawings and basic manufacturing techniques
- Day/Block Release to college to study for Level 3 Engineering Apprenticeships
- Work as a Team on a project set by the HR & Technical Trainers
Main duties after 1st Year include:
- Continuing Day/Block Release to College
- Permanent Placement with one of the CNC Departments
- Learning to Set & Operate the various machines within the department
- Learning the CNC Programming Language
- Ensure work is carried out to the highest standard and in the interest of the company
- To be flexible and carry out other reasonable requests made by the line manager to support departmental or company objectives
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- An interest in mechanical engineering
- Hard working and can use their own initiative
- Physically fit
- Maths and English GCSE 4/C GCSE or equivalent required
- A Science subject would also be beneficial but not essential
The apprentices can advance from an operator role to become a machine setter and finally a CNC machine programmer.
Successful completion of the apprenticeship modules may result in the offer of a full time position as a CNC engineer. This is providing the apprentice works within the company rules and guidelines which will be explained during their induction.
Things to consider
During the first year this role is a combination of theory work and hands-on machine training on day shift.
In the second year progressing to full time role working in the machine shop, on rotating Double Day shift in the second year (6am-2pm/2pm-10pm).
About the employer
Nylacast is Leicester based engineering and manufacturing company formed in 1967. The versatility of the components produced sees them being used across a diverse range of applications across the oil/gas, construction, pharmaceutical, food processing, automotive industries.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leicester College
Hollie Marston 01162242240 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard for an Engineering Technician.
All apprentices will be required to achieve as a minimum:
- An employer approved Level 2 Foundation Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Technical Knowledge qualification
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.