Production Chef Apprentice Jacksons Farm Fayre Ltd
An exciting opportunity for a talented apprentice production chef to work in a busy, high quality, specialist food production company. You will produce, and package food in a friendly environment where high production and cleanliness standards are maintained and expected. There will be further opportunities to work towards a management position.
Closing date: 22 Aug 2022
£144.30 to £285.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
29 Aug 2022
08 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
- The preparation and cooking of high quality food and its component ingredients
- Safe handling, preparation and packing of food
- Provide support to the Production Manager
- To learn and record skills and from other members of the team
- Ensuring a clean, hygienic and safe working area
- Safe storage of food
- To comply with requirements of food hygiene regulations, implementation of COSHH regulations and implementation of risk management practice.
- Packing and dispatching products to customers
Requirements and prospects
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Ability to use initiative
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Willing to learn
GCSE grade 3/D or above in English and maths (or Functional Skills Level 1, or equivalent)
One completion of the Apprenticeship to the employers standards you may be asked to progress within the company.
Things to consider
Will be required to work on your feet all day. This role will involve heavy lifting within manual handling regulations. Will be required to follow rigorous H&S and cleanliness guidelines.
About the employer
The business was started by Peter & Margaret Jackson over 40 years, we have been in Milnrow for over 20 years and have consistently grown year on year. We have a very low turnover of staff, with two of our staff being here 14 years. We are a friendly bunch and wants the people that join to enjoy themselves. There is little pressure on the staff from the manager and the owners, but we do ask that ‘when required’ all staff help out with doing extra hours.
Our main product is a Rag Beef Pudding and we make over 500,000 per year. We also make a selection of meat, pork and fruit pies.
HOPWOOD HALL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Hopwood Hall College
Hannah 0161 6556941 email@example.com
Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship Standard.
Functional skills if required.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.