Marsh Apprenticeship Programme October 2022– Insurance Practitioner Level 3 - Manchester Mercer
Experience working for a large global company, gaining real life experience and on the job training whilst completing industry-recognised qualifications. You will receive a competitive salary with bonuses after exam and apprenticeship completion working within a highly-skilled team of Client Advisors and Executives.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
03 Oct 2022
08 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
About the Programme
- 18 – 24 month programme to start in October 2022
- Work towards the Certificate of Insurance (CII) Level 3 in Insurance Practitioner, Senior Financial Services Customer Advisor or Business Administrator qualification dependent on job role
- Permanent full time role with competitive salary & career progression
- A complete learning experience through a range of training events, networking activities and business support
- Have 20% of your work time dedicated to focus and develop the required skills, knowledge and behaviours to achieve the apprenticeship
- Receive a bonus on completion of CII qualification
Roles are non-rotational and will vary dependent upon the business unit, however Apprentices roles fall within:
- Broking: Within Broking you could be working within a specialty team to understand all the risks associated with a particular sector, and working with a team to broker a deal
- Account Handling: Maintaining an existing and sizeable portfolio of clients by means of managing day-to-day queries, broking, midterm adjustments, renewals and loan processing. You will be expected to effectively manage key relationships with clients as well as internal stakeholders within the business
- Client Advisory: Providing excellent levels of customer services to a portfolio of clients, responsible for maintaining and enhancing the revenue from your existing client base as well as undertaking an active sales role in generating new business through cross-sales across other divisions of the business and external opportunities
What is a typical ‘Day in the Life’ of a Marsh Apprentice
- Contributing to the achievement of own and departmental targets, key performance indicators and business objectives
- Researching ways to resolve issues and achieve the best possible outcome for Marsh and its clients
- Managing and prioritising workload to meet deadlines while maintaining high standard and integrity of service to Marsh Business Divisions and external clients
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with Marsh colleagues, clients and external parties
- Proactively managing tasks in accordance with specific client requirements and in accordance with departmental procedures
- Producing and maintaining accurate documentation and financial records.
- Contributing to internal and external meetings and support projects or enquiries
What’s in it for you?
- An unrivalled accelerated foundation to your career with a global leader in insurance broking and risk management
- Join and work alongside a large apprentice cohort, share your experiences and build a network with other apprentices across the various locations
- Attend cohort days with other apprentices
- Potential future progression within the company, developing your role with continued support for advanced industry professional qualifications
- Access to Employee Resource Groups
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- Volunteer opportunities
Our Application Process:
- Apply as soon as possible by submitting your CV and completing a short questionnaire
- If you meet our criteria, you will be asked to complete a Video Interview & Gamification tests
If you have any questions regarding the role, programme or company please join us at one of our virtual events. Click here to sign up to our next event. We look forward to meeting you!
Marsh McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex/gender, marital or parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible to all. If you have a disability or long-term condition (for example dyslexia, anxiety, autism, a mobility condition, hearing loss) and need us to arrange reasonable support during the recruitment process, please contact us at TAUK@mmc.com to discuss any specific needs.
Requirements and prospects
- Willingness to share ideas, knowledge and experiences
- Team player with a willingness to learn and help out
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and pride in maintaining a high standard of work
- Keen interest to work in a diverse and collaborative environment
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritise responsibilities
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment & embrace change
- Able to work independently
- Results focused
- Desire to learn and grow professionally
- Must be willing to perform within company and department standards
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Proactive approach to learning
- GCSE’s minimum grade C/4 (or equivalent) in English & maths
- 104 UCAS points (BCC at A Level) or equivalent
- Opportunity to complete further qualifications and progress
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The Company's 76,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annualized revenue approaching $17 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses.
Marsh advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit mmc.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @mmc_global or subscribe to BRINK.
Davies Learning Solutions Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Davies Learning Solutions Ltd
Kate Ewbank DLS.Recruitment@davies-group.com
Fully supported apprenticeship under the Level 3 Insurance Practitioner Standard, to achieve the Chartered Insurance Certificate (Cert CII)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.