Tool Room / Machinist Engineering Apprentice Oakmount Control Systems
Oakmount Control Systems Ltd are offering a fantastic opportunity to join and train with their professional team based in Estover, Plymouth as a Tool Room / Machinist Apprentice.
Closing date: 21 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
10 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
The main purpose of this role is to:
Manufacture precision components, assemble automated machinery and test the machinery for the correct function.
Daily duties will include:
- To manufacture precision components from steel, aluminimum, non-ferrous materials and plastics
- Using manual mils and lathes, CNC mills and lathes, machining centres, various saws, grinders and hand tools
Requirements and prospects
Applicants are expected to:
- Have some knowledge of IT
- Have some knowledge of electrical or mechanical products would be useful
- Be able to communicate effectively with other staff members, managers, customers and suppliers
- Able to use initiative
- Problem solver
- Team player
GCSE Grade C/4 or above in Maths, English and at least one science subject.
There may be opportunities to get involved with:
- Mechanical Design of Automation and Robotic Machinery
- Project Management
- Internal Sales Support
- External Sales Engineering
About the employer
We are designers and manufacturers of industrial control systems and automation and robotic machinery. The business started trading in August 2002.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cornwall College Business
Chelsea Cooke 01209 616452
You will be working towards a Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard.
- Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard
You will receive on and off the job training and support from an assessor and an apprenticeship advisor.
You will be required to attend Cornwall College Engineering Skills Centre, Sisna Park on a regular basis as part of the apprenticeship training.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.