Apprentice Fibreglass Laminator/Finisher (Lean Manufacturing) Washington Glass Fibre Moulders Limited
During this role you will learn how to Spray and hand lay Fibre Glass Laminating, The making of Fibre Glass moulds and finishing the product to a high standard
Closing date: 31 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
15 Sep 2022
27 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Applicants applying for this role will be trained in the following:
- Spray and hand lay Fibre Glass Laminating
- The making of Fibre Glass moulds
- How to finish a Fibre Glass product to a high standard
- Ultimately you will learn the specialist skills required to become a fibre glass laminator and moulder.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Have good problem-solving skills
- Good time management
Applicants should have the following qualities:
- A strong work ethic
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills and trades
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to work effectively under pressure
- To ensure the surrounding work area is a safe environment for themselves & other users Comply with health and safety rules and regulations and ensure the correct PPE is worn/used throughout
- Highlight any shortfalls or issues relating to safety or maintenance immediately
- Good communication skills both verbal & written
Mimimun GCSE's 3-9 or A- D or equivalent
Ultimately this could lead to long term employment for the right candidate.
This would mean a permanent full-time position within the company.
About the employer
Established over 30 years ago, Washington GRP (Glass Reinforced Plastic) is still a family run business dedicated to providing exceptional levels of personal service and flexibility.
Widely recognised and used as an authority in GRP production, our experience includes all GRP processes – Hand Lay, Spray and Injection. We are specialists in Hand Lay.
We predominantly produce pop top roofs for camper vans, although we do make other products, for example: motor bike racing body work and specialised sports car kits.
Our factory is based in Washington and is a very fast paced production system.
We are classed as a small business as there are only 12 employees. However, most employees have been with us for many years.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City of Sunderland College
Level 2 standard in Lean manufacturing
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.