Business Administration Apprenticeship British Canoeing Events Ltd
British Canoeing are looking for a Business Administrator to supplement our existing team. This apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to learn all about our business with varied responsibilities, working with a great team and in a fast-paced environment.
Closing date: 20 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
28 Jun 2022
14 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
As the administration apprentice you will be a pivotal member of the team providing support to senior members of the team.
Day to day duties will include:
- Use of Microsoft packages such as excel and word
- Produce accurate records and documents including; emails, letters, files and payments
- Prioritising tasks and completing in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate records and filing systems
- Meeting and greeting clients
- Supporting team members to complete tasks
- Assist with staff training
- Manage the office facility, including ordering stationary and various other consumables
- Use CRM system
- Log incoming jobs and follow up with phone calls
Requirements and prospects
- Microsoft office proficient (including Excel and Word)
- Customer service focused with good listening skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Very strong eye for detail and accuracy
- Smart, personable, confident with a professional manner.
- Willing to learn
- A*-C (9-3) maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential
- Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship
About the employer
We are the National Governing Body for Paddlesports in the UK. Current research indicates that over 1.5 million people in the UK go canoeing/kayaking each year. We currently have around 90,000 members Canoeing now covers a wide range of interests and passions as a sport and a leisure activity.
British Canoeing is also funded by UK Sport and has a World Class Programme dedicated to supporting the most talented athletes in the Olympic disciplines of Canoe Slalom, Canoe Sprint and Paracanoe to win medals at the highest level and have an established history of Olympic medals.
We have around 100 permanent staff with the majority based at the National Watersports Centre here in Nottingham. Our Slalom Programme is run from our high performance centre in Lee Valley.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.