Apprentice Barber Level 2 Andrew Jones
As an Apprentice you will receive training in all aspects of Barbering and will assist the stylists in the day to day running of the salon. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Closing date: 20 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
20 Jul 2022
22 Apr 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
As an Apprentice you will receive training in all aspects of Barbering and will assist the stylists in the day to day running of the salon.
As an Apprentice your duties will include:
- Cutting of facial hair and shaving
- Providing outstanding customer service to clients in the salon
- Performing reception duties
- Learning a variety of Level 2 barbering skills
- Shampoo and conditioning of client’s hair
- Taking part in set training
- Maintaining salon health and safety – including maintaining and clean and tidy salon
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Smart appearance
- Good personal hygiene
- Evidence of punctuality and attendance
- Able to work alone and as part of a team
- Able to use own initiative
- Flexible and not afraid of hard work
No prior skills needed however GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English would be an advantage.
Upon completion of your Level 2 to the standard of the employer you may be asked to stay with the company to complete your Level 3.
Things to consider
Please ensure you complete the application in full, as this is the first impression an employer receives of you.
To ensure you have checked all spellings (and used Capital letters), it may be of benefit to use a word document and paste on to the application, thus making multiple applications easier. If you need any further assistance or information on this vacancy, please email:
Apprenticeships@boltoncc.ac.uk remembering to quote the vacancy title.
Due to the high volumes of applications, we receive for certain posts, we reserve the right to close any adverts before the published closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications.
About the employer
Andy Jones Men’s Salon is bridging the gap between traditional barbering and men’s styling. Offering latest cutting edge hairstyles, fades, skin-fades and precision beard sculpting to create the style you desire.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bolton College
Kerri 01204482036 Apprenticeships@boltoncc.ac.uk
Level 2 Hair Professional apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals (Barbering)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English where required
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.