Intermediate Level 2 Apprenticeship Pharmacy Services Assistant Thurmaston Pharmacy
Thurmaston Pharmacy, based in Leicester, is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Pharmacy Assistant.
Closing date: 30 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
31 Jan 2022
20 Nov 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Please note we are looking to interview as soon as we get suitable candidates.
Main duties that you will be fully trained to do as part of the apprenticeship include:
- Assist in the sale of over-the-counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicine
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
This apprenticeship is work-based learning so you will be working at the employer’s address.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Work accurately
- Pay attention to deal
- Logical thinker
- Willingness to learn
- Team player
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
This employer has asked to only shortlist candidates for interview with GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent or Functional Skills Level 2) in maths and English.
Potential of a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
Thurmaston Pharmacy has been a pharmacy serving the village of Thurmaston for over 60 years. The pharmacy was bought from the Co-op, is well supported by the local village and offers a free repeat prescription collection and delivery service within a five-mile radius of the pharmacy. We collect and deliver free of charge to Syston, Birstall, Rushymead, Melton Road, Hamilton, Evington, Thurmaston, Humberstone and Scraptoft.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- BTEC Level 2 Certificate in the Principles and Practice for Pharmacy Support Staff
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End-Point Assessment. Please refer to below link for more information:
- Assessment Method 1: Knowledge Test
- Assessment Method 2: Simulated Observation with questions and answers
- Assessment method 3: Professional Discussion
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.