Early Years Apprentice Right Track Nursery
To assist in providing a safe, caring and professional environment for the children in their care, while learning the necessary skills to be a qualified Early Years Practitioner.
Closing date: 22 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 42.00
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
19 Nov 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Adhering to the Policies & Procedures of The Right Track Nursery and compliance with the Children Act, Health and Safety legislation and the Welfare Requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery.
- Working as part of a team.
- Ensuring the care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Showing an understanding of child development as you learn through the apprenticeship and putting this into practice.
- To demonstrate a genuine care for children.
- While providing a caring environment for the children, develop a consistent approach to working with them.
- Show enthusiasm, interest and a desire to have fun with the children.
- To be flexible and adaptable to the needs of the children and the setting – for example when covering staff sickness or staff holiday and the unforeseen circumstances such as children that are unwell.
- To strictly adhere to the agreed Nursery discipline procedures.
- Working with the Nursery practitioners on planning and preparation of activities, to meet children’s individual needs, liaising with parents and negotiating working targets ensuring effective communication within the nursery.
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenge situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
- Supporting key persons to keep development records and observations where necessary.
- Positive management of children's behaviour.
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Providing a good role model for children, supporting children with their social and emotional needs with a strong focus on communication and language.
- Keeping accident, incident and risk assessment records.
- To ensure that your Manager is aware of any incidents affecting the welfare of the children in your care.
- Supervision of meals and mealtimes and where appropriate preparation of babies’ bottles.
- Laundry duties.
- Attendance of staff meetings as arranged by the Nursery Manager.
- Participating in publicity events, training, open weekends and children's outings.
- To maintain close liaison with the parents of each child in your care.
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Nursery Manager.
- To adhere to the dress code of the nursery.
Requirements and prospects
Someone who is motivated and eager to learn and understand about child development. We require the applicant to be proactive and enthusiastic about being part of our nursery family. Flexible and adaptable to the needs of the nursery.
A natural empathy to children with caring nature and fun attitude.
Level 2 EYE desirable but not essential.
Working towards completing level 3 Early years Educator apprenticeship standard.
Things to consider
Shifts vary from early to late however the apprentice would generally work on a middle shift of 8-5.15
Driving licence not essential, travel not required other than having good links to coming and going from the nursery.
About the employer
The Right Track Nursery is located at Hertford East Railway Station. We cater for babies up until school age of 5 years old, we have two rooms, one baby room and one mixed age room for the toddlers and preschool children.
We follow an approach called In the moment planning and value key person and practitioner knowledge of the children to support their development in the here and now, rather than planning ahead. We provide a rich environment which enables the children to explore and be spontaneous while developing to their potential. As a nursery we place high importance on the children’s and staff well-being and work hard to maintain a high standard of care and support for all.
Right Track Nursery
HERTFORD REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Hertford Regional College
The Apprenticeship Team 01992 411572 Apprenticeship@hrc.ac.uk
Level 3 Apprenticeship
As an Apprentice you will be
supported in your organisation
with a workplace mentor,
by progress review visits,
assessments and observations.
The employer will allocate a
minimum of 20% of your
working hours as off the job
training and development.
Further develop your Maths and
English throughout the course.
Developing core knowledge,
skills and behaviours
throughout the Apprenticeship.
The Apprenticeship is assessed
with an End point assessment;
• Professional discussion
• Portfolio of evidence
• Knowledge test
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.