Kia Service Advisor Apprentice Howards Kia
Would you like a career in the automotive industry as a Service Adviser, working for Kia, a dynamic and exciting brand whose company ethos is 'Family like Care'? Duties include meeting and greeting visitors, booking cars in for service and MOT's etc.
Closing date: 13 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
14 Feb 2022
08 Nov 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Are you passionate about a career in the automotive industry? Do you strive to deliver excellent customer service? Do you want to join the UK's most exciting and dynamic car brand whose company ethos is "Family like Care"? If the answer is "yes", then the Kia Apprenticeship Programme could be the career route for you. Howards Citroen/Kia/DS in Weston super Mare are currently seeking a Service Advisor Apprentice to join their dealership.
This is an exciting reception-based role, working towards a level 2 customer service qualification, which also offers first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects. The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training as well as building up confidence and gaining valuable work experience whilst undertaking the role.
Duties will include:
- Acting as the first point of contact for all customers entering the dealership and ensuring they receive the best customer service experience
- Upselling and cross-selling additional products and services
- Booking in cars for MOT's and service
- Liaising with workshop vehicle technicians for updates with vehicle repair timescales
- Liaising with customers in a professional, polite and courteous manner, both face to face and via the telephone
- Working to a high level of customer service at all times
- General ad hoc duties as and when required
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to use own initiative
- Passionate about the automotive industry
- Have a keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Forward thinking and keen to learn, with an interest in development and progression
- Must have a can do attitude
- Polite and courteous
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
- A*-C/9-4 GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent), science and ICT are desirable
- Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship
About the employer
Kia is the latest brand to join the Howards portfolio and you can find us in our brand new showroom at Hildesheim Bridge, located just behind the Citroen showroom. Inside, you will find a light and airy environment with all the latest new Kia models on display, whilst outside, our forecourt features a wide range of pre-owned cars and our dedicated team of sales executives will be happy to provide any help and advice you need when choosing your ideal car. Our servicing department has all the latest manufacturer equipment and factory trained technicians who are able to provide the highest levels of servicing and repairs for your car.
We have a comfortable lounge area with television and a selection of hot and cold drinks available as well as free customer wifi, should you wish to wait while we service your car. Alternatively we may be able to give you a lift to a local destination or provide you with a courtesy car for use while your car is in for service.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard. You will be required to attend the Kia Academy Training Centre in Nottingham for your block release training. This will involve 4 separate 1 week blocks of training per 12 months of your apprenticeship. This is funded as part of your apprenticeship and will include hotel stay, subsistence and travel. Service Advisor, Intermediate Apprenticeship (1 year). Standard training will include:
- Nationally recognised qualifications IMI level 2
- Certificate in Customer Service for the Automotive Industry
- ATA Accreditation Customer Service Advisor
- Bespoke Kia off-the-job training including certification to 'Silver' level Service Advisor
- Regular in dealer review and assessment visits
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.