Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship Pharmacy Services Assistant Amber Pharmacy
Amber Pharmacy based in Ilkeston, Derbyshire are offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health Science sector.
Closing date: 30 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
31 Jan 2022
03 Nov 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Re the working pattern shifts will be allocated by the employer around the pharmacy opening hours. Mon - Fri 9am to 5.30pm with 1 hour unpaid lunch break. Every other Saturday am 9am to 12.30pm. However on the week you work a Saturday morning you will only work 9am to 12noon on a Thursday.
You will be fully trained during the duration of your apprenticeship to be able to carry out the following main duties, which include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximise profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
*This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be working at the employers address.
Requirements and prospects
- A good communicator
- Able to work accurately
- Pay attention to detail
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- A quick learner, proactive and show initiative
- Able to prioritise workload at a busy time, remaining calm
- Be dedicated and willing to work in line with strict procedural guidelines to ensure the assignments are handed in on time
- Be optimistic and understand the importance of confidentiality when handing the personal data of patients and customer
GCSE grade C/4/L2 pass or higher in English, maths & a Science subject. By having the above qualifications they will then give you the eligibility to enrol onto the Level 3 Pharmacy Technician apprenticeship in the future provided this is an option offered to you.
Potential of a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship or progression onto a level 3 Pharmacy Technician role/apprenticeship, dependent upon the performance.
About the employer
Amber Pharmacy is an NHS community pharmacy located at Main Street in Horsley Woodhouse, DE7 6AX and is based in modern purpose-built premises complete with its own two consultation rooms. At Amber Pharmacy we dispense NHS prescriptions and provide free prescription delivery to Horsley Woodhouse, Kilburn, Horsley, Denby, Denby Village, Smalley, Coxbench, Little Eaton and Holbrook.
We can also provide you with the electronic prescription service, over-the-counter medication & advice, a period delay service, confidential medicine use reviews and advice & support on giving up smoking. We also operate a number of seasonal services including flu jabs.
At our premises we stock a wide range of medical, well-being and health products and are able to offer you more than 800 further items for purchase on our website through our arrangement with a larger pharmacy chain enjoying large discounts and able to offer you better prices than many supermarkets and on-line pharmacies! So why not share in the on-line savings by placing an order through our website? It couldn't be simpler ... and all your on-line purchases are conveniently delivered straight to your door!
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.