Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship Pharmacy Services Assistant Pinxton Pharmacy
Pinxton Pharmacy based in North Nottinghamshire are offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health Science sector. We are now looking to recruit an additional apprentice.
Closing date: 30 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 31.00
Possible start date
31 Jan 2022
29 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will be fully trained during the duration of your apprenticeship to be able to carry out the following main duties, which include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximise profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
*This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be working at the employers address.
Requirements and prospects
- A good communicator
- Able to work accurately
- Pay attention to detail
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- A quick learner, proactive and show initiative
- Able to prioritise workload at a busy time, remaining calm
- Be dedicated and willing to work in line with strict procedural guidelines to ensure the assignments are handed in on time
- Be optimistic and understand the importance of confidentiality when handing the personal data of patients and customer
GCSE grade C/4/L2 pass or higher in English, maths & a Science subject. By having the above qualifications they will then give you the eligibility to enrol onto the Level 3 Pharmacy Technician apprenticeship in the future provided this is an option offered to you.
Potential of a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship or progression onto a level 3 dispensing technician role, dependent upon the performance.
About the employer
Pinxton Pharmacy is a welcoming pharmacy based in Pinxton, offering traditional chemist services and providing an array of other pharmacy services to the local community.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
BTEC Level 2 Certificate in the Principles and Practice for Pharmacy Support.
Staff Functional Skills up to Level 2 in English & maths if not exempt.
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment.
Please refer to above link for more information.
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.