Business Administrator/Secretary Apprenticeship Hailey View surgery
Secretary required for a busy GP practice in Hoddesdon, working as part of the secretary/admin team. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
Closing date: 17 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
08 Jan 2022
08 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- To provide an efficient audio, copy typing and word processing service for GP's and Health Professionals as required
- This includes the typing of letters and reports
- Use of the e-referral system where appropriate; to assist in referral of patients to one or more hospital(s) of their choice which includes sending out relevant documentation to the patient
- Resolving problems which relate to the e-referral system
- This includes changes to place of referral and dealing with rejected referrals
- To receive and dispatch mail
- Chasing hospital correspondence and appointments
- Part of the role will also include providing cover for members of the reception and admin team during periods of sickness and annual leave
Requirements and prospects
- The successful applicant should have a good knowledge of IT (training will be given for bespoke clinical software)
- Able to produce work to a high standard
- Be committed to the on-going management and review of work within the team to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Enthusiastic and committed to providing an excellent and caring service to both patients and the team
- Team player
- Keen to learn
- Well presented
5 GCSE's grade C/4 and above including English and maths or equivalent.
Throughout the apprenticeship, the successful candidate will be given full training and support and have the opportunity to undertake extra training courses within the NHS. There is the potential for the candidate to learn different roles throughout the practice.
The successful candidate has the opportunity at the end of the year to be taken on as a permanent member of the team.
Things to consider
Applicants need to be able to work in an extremely high pressured environment with constant demands from ringing phones and face to face patient enquiries.
Applicants need to be able to interact and communicate effectively at all times with patients and professionals.
Applicants will need to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail, including the correct use of spelling and grammar.
If you or any members of your family are registered at the practice and you were successful in your application, we would ask you and any family members to register at a different GP surgery.
Driving license would be preferred but not essential.
About the employer
A friendly and supportive team managing a fast paced busy GP surgery with a practice population of around 10000 patients.
HERTFORD REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Hertford Regional College
The Apprenticeship Team 01992411572 email@example.com
- Working towards completing Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.