Light Vehicle Technician Apprentice GEE DIESEL SERVICES LIMITED
Gee Diesel Services Ltd is offering a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Light Vehicle Technician to join their busy bodyshop in Hucknall, Nottingham. Learning how to carry out duties such as investigation, repair and service of vehicles, producing estimates and carrying out diagnostics.
Closing date: 23 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
03 Jan 2022
05 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship is designed to train and develop apprentices in a way that enables them to deliver a high level of performance in the modern automotive vehicle workshop.
The comprehensive programme provides apprentices with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications, while in full-time employment. This is an unrivalled opportunity with excellent training at Nottingham College and superb future career prospects. Working for Gee Diesel, the successful candidate will service, repair and maintain vehicles in this thriving garage.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside the current staff to repair and servicing customer vehicles
- Carrying out diagnostics
- Assist with MOTs
- Other general technical duties and general housekeeping
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers Training will take place via block release at Emtec, Ruddington Nottingham
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- A keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Mechanically minded with meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for the automotive industry
- An enthusiasm to learn with an interest in development and progression
- A 'can do' attitude
Some experience within an automotive workshop environment
The ideal candidate will be:
- Able to use own initiative
- A team player
4 GCSE's at grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent in maths and English. Science and ICT are desirable.
Upon successful completion and review of the apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to gain employment with the business.
About the employer
Established in 1964, Gee Diesel is a family business with vast experience working with diesel engines. We specialise in offering our customers in Nottingham, the depth of our knowledge, great customer experience and professional attitude. Our expert engineers will use the very latest dealer-level equipment to diagnose problems with engines.
We will remove, test and repair any defective fuel pumps or injectors in our dedicated work shop, before refitting them into vehicles to improve the car’s performance. We offer a range of services tailored to diesel vehicles including cars, light commercial vehicles and motor homes: - Diesel fuel injection - Diesel car maintenance and repairs - Engine remapping - Supply engine parts - Diesel diagnostics.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
- Nationally recognised qualifications - IMI Apprenticeship in Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair (Standard - Level 3)
- Functional Skills Level 2 (if required)
Regular review and welfare visits from our assessors who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace.
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.