Kia Parts and Service Advisor Apprenticeship SUTTON PARK MOTOR COMPANY LIMITED
Would you like a career in the automotive industry as a Parts and Service Advisor working for Kia, a dynamic and exciting brand whose company ethos is 'Family-like Care'? For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Dec 2021
04 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Are you passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry? Do you strive to deliver excellent customer service? Do you want to join the UK's most exciting and dynamic car brand whose company ethos is "Family-like Care"? If the answer is "yes" then the Kia Apprenticeship Programme could be the career route for you. Sutton Park Motor Company are currently seeking a Parts and Service Advisor Apprentice to join their dealership based in Sutton Coldfield.
This is an exciting role with first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects. The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training as well as building up confidence and gaining valuable work experience whilst undertaking the role.
Duties will include:
- Ordering car parts using on-line systems
- Chasing up missing or incorrect parts with suppliers
- Packaging and returning any unused/unwanted parts
- Regular communication with mechanics
- Liaising with customers to let them know when parts have arrived Inbound and outbound telephone calls
- Advise and guidance of products
- Drive the department forward with external sales and to maximise sales at every opportunity
- Working to a high level of customer service at all times and remain courteous and police to customers
- Acting as the first point of contact for all customers entering the dealership and ensuring they receive the best customer service experience
- Upselling and cross-selling additional products and services
- Booking in cars for MOT's and service
- Liaising with workshop vehicle technicians for updates with vehicle repair timescales
- Liaising with customers in a professional, polite and courteous manner both face to face and via the telephone
- Working to a high level of customer service at all times General ad hoc duties as and when required
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Have a keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
- Mechanically minded
- Passionate about the automotive industry
- Forward thinking and keen to learn with an interest in development and progression
- Ability to use own initiative
- Must have a 'can do' attitude
- Polite and courteous
Minimum entry requirements: maths, English Language and ICT grades A*-C (9-4) or equivalent.
- There is high potential of a permanent role with the organisation upon successful completion of your apprenticeship with room for progression
- Your salary shall be reviewed throughout your apprenticeship
About the employer
Sutton Park Group (est. 1991) acquired the Kia franchise in 2009 This was a major step forward in the growth of the business, enabling customers to enjoy a superb range of new cars together with a constantly changing selection of quality used cars.
Kia is available at our Coventry and Sutton Coldfield showrooms, but feel free to call in to any one of our 6 dealerships where our trained staff will be happy to help you with your Kia needs, or book you in for an MOT or service.
With six locations across the West Midlands: Coventry, Sutton Coldfield, Warwick, Burton-on-Trent, Tamworth & Stourbridge, we are dedicated to finding you the right vehicle, at the right price, with tailored finance packages to suit any pocket.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- You will be required to attend the Kia Academy Training Centre in Nottingham for your 'Block Release' Training
- This will involve 4 separate 1 week blocks of training per 12 months of your apprenticeship
- A dedicated pathway containing specialist training for Parts Advisor or Service Advisor will run alongside the Standard to ensure they gain full knowledge of their specialist area at the appropriate level
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.