Level 3 Marketing Apprentice ADVOCACY FOCUS
Do you have a passion for marketing? Able to keep tasks on track and work as a team to deliver exceptional results? If you’re passionate about developing new skills and being part of a small but expanding team, we want to hear from you!
Closing date: 29 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
22 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do
The post holder will assist in raising the profile of the organisation to commissioners, customers and health and social care professionals. The Marketing Apprentice will support the Marketing Executive in taking responsibility for all marketing activity, including various strategies and projects as needed. They will assist to implement and develop marketing plans, including promotional/information materials, email marketing via newsletter and promotional mailings, promotion via social media, PR opportunities, and database management.
The candidate should be able to show a keen interest and preferably a basic knowledge of all aspects of mainstream marketing/media. Excellent written and verbal communications skills, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills. Must be flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed periods and proven ability to oversee all marketing activities.
The Marketing Apprentice will be trained, coached and developed in the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist with all organisational marketing and PR tasks, objectives and projects
- Support with the production of all marketing materials, including printed documents, media advertising spots, website content, and social media accounts
- Support the Operations Director with fundraising activities and projects
- Work with the Marketing Executive, SMT and Management Team to produce and deliver professional marketing output as per AF’s Marketing strategy
- Work with the Marketing Executive and Operations Director to produce and deliver professional marketing output support AF’s specific Fundraising strategy
- Assist in organising and attending Advocacy Focus networking, promotional and conference events
- Collaborate with the Marketing Executive to write and prepare innovative and engaging copy for internal literature and other publications
- Assist to generate fresh content for company websites, blogs & email marketing
- Learn to build and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders, customers, partners and suppliers
- To work as a member of the Advocacy Focus team, attend bi-monthly staff meetings and training as necessary
- To represent Advocacy Focus at marketing associated meetings as required and provide feedback to the team
- To be available to work occasionally at evenings and weekends as required
- To work within Advocacy Focus’ policies and procedures
- To be responsible for identifying areas for personal development
- To undertake any other duties as commensurate with the grading of the post
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communicator, with good interpersonal skills.
- A desire to train and develop a career in Marketing
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to methodically think through problems and come up with new solutions.
- Good administrative and organisational skills.
- Ability to undertake on-going training as required.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible and open to new challenges, ideas and experiences.
The key competencies for this role include the following areas that you need to be able to meet.
It’s all about you
- Self-awareness and awareness of others responses to your actions.
- Open to learning from others and willing to share knowledge and experiences.
- Show high standards of personal and professional behaviour.
- Take appropriate action if ethics and values are compromised.
Working with others
- Take a collegiate approach, be willing to support others and recognise the value of peer support
- Gather feedback from people who utilise the Marketing service or colleagues you support to help develop team and personal plans.
- Actively contribute to discussions about how to improve Marketing performance and service.
- Have a minimum of GCSE grade 4 / C in maths and English
- I.T. skills to a high level of proficiency, including word processing, spreadsheets, and database systems.
- Relevant qualification in a related subject.
- 12 months experience in a PR/Marketing and communications role.
- Experience of design software: e.g. Adobe creative suite or similar.
- Potential progression
Things to consider
- 25 days holiday per year plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Flexible Working
- Employee Assistance Program
- Laptop/ Mobile Phone
- Birthday Day Off
- Team away days
- Smart/ casual dress code
Hybrid Working between home and the Accrington Head Office
About the employer
Advocacy Focus is an award-wining, advocacy service that has been delivering independent advocacy since 1998. This vacancy is based in Accrington, Lancashire.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Blackburn College
Apprenticeship Team 01254 292500 email@example.com
- Level 3 Digital Marketer Standard
- Level 2 English and maths Functional Skills (if required)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.