Engineering Operator Apprentice Showan Hydraulic Services Ltd
An opportunity has arisen with Showan Hydraulic Services Ltd. You will be working for a company based on the outskirts of Canterbury whilst completing your Level 2 apprenticeship in Engineering Operator.
Closing date: 04 Nov 2021
£184.80 to £356.40
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
21 Nov 2021
21 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Working in this busy hydraulics workshop, you will be required to operate CNC and manual machine including lathes and milling machines. You will be working as part of a small team and need to be mindful of health and safety at all times.
- Assign responsibilities of refurbishing and repairing cylinders and rams under the guidelines of senior mechanic
- Perform tasks of assisting staff in setting and assembling structures of hydraulic equipment
- Handle responsibilities of disassembling hydraulic equipment to identify the part that needs repairing
- Assist with maintaining service records and perform test-run of repaired machinery
- Assign tasks of operating hydraulic machinery and diagnosing malfunctioning equipment
- Perform responsibilities of observing and evaluating hydraulic machinery
Requirements and prospects
- Good team player
- Keen to learn new skills
- Hard working
- GCSE maths and English Grade A-C/7-4 (or equivalent)
The possibility of securing a permanent position.
Things to consider
The workshop is located outside the village of Barham and you need to think carefully about transport routes before applying for the position.
About the employer
Since 1981, Showan Hydraulics has been at the forefront of hydraulic cylinder technology – manufacturing and repairing precision hydraulic cylinders and hydraulic rams for contractors, demolition plant, agricultural, marine, refuse collection and general industrial applications. Showan has maintained its premier position through a continuous programme of investment in expertise and technology, and an innovative approach to problem solving. We have identified inherent weaknesses in old hydraulic cylinders and created new sealing configurations that increase reliability and time between failures, thus reducing down-time. Our palindromic hydraulic cylinder for car transporters is a perfect example of our expertise and lateral thinking. Showan Hydraulics continues to focus on future innovations in hydraulic technologies and applying our unique, practical expertise to create optimum solutions for the world's leading organisations.
EAST KENT COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Kent College
Blue Vinall 01227 811315 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Standard in Engineering Operator
Maths and English Level 2 if needed.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.