School Maintenance Technician Bernwood First School
To ensure premises are maintained to a high standard and provide a clean and safe environment for all stakeholders across Bernwode Schools Trust
Closing date: 07 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
15 Nov 2021
21 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Responsible for the opening and lock-up of the Bicester Learning Academy (BLA) sites during early morning, evening and weekend hours of operation.
- Undertaking daily fire exit door checks, security checks and identifying security risks.
- Operate and respond to alarm systems (fire/Intruder) during operating hours including monitoring CCTV equipment.
- To be part of the response team during core hours, assisting with managing incidents and accidents as they occur, providing emergency access to BLA sites.
- To attend site out of hours in the event of emergencies or intruder alarm calls.
- Liaise with police, security and surveillance contractors when necessary.
- Accepting deliveries at goods inward and onward distribution around the site.
- To be responsible for carrying out regular maintenance and repairs around site as directed by Senior Operations Manager.
- Ensure that pathways and all other external hard surfaces are kept clean, free of litter and that they are gritted and salted when required during wintry conditions. Removal of heavy snowfalls as required to allow safe access to the site.
- To work as part of a team with small scale projects as directed by the Senior Operations Manager.
- Undertake emergency specialist cleaning tasks, e.g. rodding blocked drains, clearing blocked toilets etc.
- Monitoring of waste and recycling across the BST sites.
- To set up/take down equipment across the school ready for events and functions and room upgrades, e.g. open evenings, parents evenings and for teaching needs e.g. examinations.
- To liaise with contractors working on site ensuring that Health and Safety rules and regulations are being met.
- To assist the Senior Operations Manager with weekly fire drills, recording the findings in the fire log book.
- To undertake small scale project/audit work as delegated by the Senior Operations Manager
- To carry out regular inspections of sites, reporting defects to the Estate Manager in the first instance.
- Be on site to oversee weekend bookings across the BST sites.
- To undertake routine recording of utility meters and other routine Health and Safety requirements across the BST sites.
- Participate in training and other learning activities, performance reviews associated with the job.
- To be aware of their responsibilities for health and safety for themselves and others
- A commitment to safeguarding the welfare of children
The post holder may be required to perform duties other that those given in the job description for the post. The particular duties and responsibilities may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed.
Requirements and prospects
- Problem Solving,
- Ability to Work Under Pressure
- None Required
- Initially 12 month fixed term with the possibility of permanent and/or a further apprenticeship upon successful completion of Level 2
Things to consider
- This job will be on your feet most of the day so must be fit
About the employer
‘Dream big, work hard, be kind’
Welcome to The Cooper School, where we work within the local community to prepare and motivate all of our students to develop their full potential as individuals and as members of society.
A warm welcome to The Cooper School where we aim to provide the highest quality all-round education, for each and every learner, in partnership with parents and the community of Bicester and surrounding villages. We aim to share high aspirations and high expectations as evidenced in our most recent Ofsted Report (June 2017) which stated that:
You are driven by a desire to raise the aspirations of all pupils and have maintained and developed the culture of school improvement. You are ably supported by strong and knowledgeable senior and middle leaders who share your ambitions for the school. With the support of your dedicated board of directors, you have developed a school that knows itself well and have correctly identified where improvements should be made.
There is a caring, nurturing and inclusive ethos that permeates the school. Inspectors were impressed by the calm and purposeful atmosphere and the strong relationships between staff and pupils and among pupils themselves. As one member of staff said: ‘This is a great place to work, with a staff body who genuinely cares about the pupils and wants the best for them.’ As a result, pupils are keen to learn and make good progress from their starting points. Pupils have great confidence in their teachers and very much value what staff do for them. Therefore, they behave very well, both in lessons and around the school.
We are also a truly inclusive school as evidence by comments such as these from our recent Inclusion Qulaity Mark Report from June 2021:
It was good to return to The Cooper School to find out how they had coped during the Covid pandemic. I am delighted that they have not only survived but thrived throughout the last year. Things have not been easy but they have worked as a team to support the students and each other. Collaboration and teamwork are the way the school work. Their commitment to inclusion is in no doubt and they understand it is never done but is constantly evolving. I am happy to recommend that the School retains its Flagship status. It certainly deserves it. It is a truly inclusive school. - Inclusion Quality Mark Assessor
AXIA SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Axia Solutions Limited
Ellie Rowland 01782572777 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facilities Services L2
- Functional Skills in English & Maths L1
Facilities services operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.