Trade Supply Apprentice (Must be able 18+ for insurance purposes and be able to drive) Smith Timber Merchants
Trade Suppliers play a vital role in ensuring an efficient services between manufacturers and their skilled trade customer base. You will be part of the team in the warehouse and trade counter, You will aid all customers with their purchase and deliver to clients therefore essential that you hold a driving license and are 18+
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
21 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
As a Trade Suppliers you will be dealing with customer sales at the trade counter and over the telephone, and will understand incoming deliveries, stock control and despatch. You will learn who to process customer orders and taking delivery of goods and the basic administration related to these functions. A key element of the role will be to gain technical knowledge of the products and services offered together with the bespoke systems and equipment used within the business. Your duties will include:
- Assisting customers in exploring product ranges and alternative and complementary products and services, based on the fundamental underpinning product knowledge
- Maintaining the yard area, replenishing stock, housekeeping
- Identifying the customers’ requirements, matching them to the trade supplier’s products and services
- Delivery of good to clients, loading and unloading van, following health and safety and ensuring safe handling and storage to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Applying the key principles of selling in a trade supplier environment, using a variety of methods, which may include unique selling points, upselling, and link selling to secure and complete sales transactions.
- Communicating with customers using various methods and systems appropriate to the situation
- Communicate with a wide variety of internal and external customers to build relationships and provide a high quality service that encourages repeat business
Requirements and prospects
must be able to drive
- This is an exciting opportunity for a practical minded person who is looking to start their career within a customer facing role with practical elements of wood machine operation.
- The ideal candidate will be reliable, honest, assertive, willing to learn, a team player and flexible in their approach to work.
progress within the company
Things to consider
must be able to drive
About the employer
Smith's Timber is a long-established business founded in 1862 and have gained a reputation for personal service, high-quality products and excellent value for money.
Smiths Timber’s customers range from building contractors, joiners, craftsmen, DIY enthusiasts and members of the general public. They come back time and time again because we take the time to provide helpful advice and ensure that you have the right product for the job.
They have built long standing and trusted relationships with their suppliers which mean that they can demand the highest quality product and negotiate the best prices for 100% customer satisfaction.
WEBS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Webs Training Ltd
Jennie Jarvis 01159677771 email@example.com
During your apprenticeship programme you will receive training both off and on the job. You will be required to attend WEBS Training on alternative weeks, the rest of the time you will be within the work place. You will learn the underpinning knowledge that runs alongside your practical elements of the training. You will use a wide range of customer service techniques along with administration.
WEBS Training aim to build on the skills you already have so you reach your full potential both personally and professionally.
Training will be provided in all areas of Trade Supplier to ensure you are capable of providing competent advice to all customers.
If you have already achieved GCSE Maths and English at Grade 4 or above or have equivalent qualification you will be exempt from undertaking Functional Skills, however English and Maths support will be provided for all apprentices throughout the length of their programme.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.