Apprentice Welder CHROMALLOY UNITED KINGDOM LIMITED
Chromalloy are looking for a self-motivated and proactive candidate to join their engineering team who will understand and behave in accordance with Chromalloy’s core values.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
15 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
WE ARE PROUD TO BE A MINDFUL EMPLOYER:
As part of the mindful employer initiative, we are positive about Mental Health and recognise the necessities in order to work towards better mental health in the workplace. We are dedicated to supporting the mental wellbeing of our staff.
As a CUK Maintenance Technician (Electrical), your duties will include:
- Assembling, installing, testing and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures.
- Planning and carrying out small projects.
- Connecting wires to circuit breakers, transformers or other components.
- Inspecting electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Repairing or replacing wiring, equipment and fixtures using hand tools and power tools to include minor building work and making good to diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus and components.
- Using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- To monitor, adjust and identify faults as required.
- Any other duty required by the company.
Requirements and prospects
- Understand Customer Focus – Know your customer and deliver
- Quality – Comply with the regulations without compromise
- Have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Work innovatively – Raising the bar together
- Work with Pride and Passion – Love what you do
- Work with Integrity – Always do the right thing
- Be a self-motivated and proactive individual.
GCSE Grade C/4 or Above in Maths and English or equivalent
A higher level may be available upon completion of this programme.
About the employer
Chromalloy has expanded from a gas turbine parts repair business into an OEM supplier of production parts and advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and power applications. Chromalloy serves the airline, military, marine and energy segments with a broad range of services at locations around the globe.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company.
CHROMALLOY UNITED KINGDOM LIMITED
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Lee Speed 01623 627 191 Lee.email@example.com
Full level 2 General Welder apprenticeship standard
Including Functional Skills if required
You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the Welding profession.
You will gather all learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio (OneFile).
At the end of the planned learning period, you along with your employer and training provider will agree that you have completed all learning elements and are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged.
General welder (arc processes)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.