Apprentice Account Broker BRUNEL INSURANCE BROKERS LTD
To renew and retain held business. To increase the wealth of the department by introducing new clients. To contribute to the growth of the Commercial Team and Brunel Insurance Brokers Ltd.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
15 Sep 2021
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Duties and Responsibilities:
New Business and Renewals – Commercial Insurances
- Have the ability to renew existing policies
- Be able to invite renewals and gather information from clients
- Have the ability to contact prospective new clients and win their business as Brunel being their preferred Broker
- To understand the nature of clients businesses, minimum regulatory standards and requirements in respect of wording, excess, limit of indemnity and wherever possible exceed them
- Have the ability to build and maintain on going relationships with clients
- Negotiate with underwriters/insurers to gain the best possible terms for the client
- Refer any business that is being moved away from the holding market/panel to a renewals team member and a Senior Broker if new business for sign off before moving
- Have the ability to build and maintain relationships with underwriters and insurers
- Be able to produce documentation for Insurers/Underwriters at all stages of negotiations
- Be able to complete administrative tasks and data entry to the company’s systems
- Have the ability to check and verify policies, quotes and documentation received or produced internally
- Be able to understand the requirements of performance and targets required individually and by department and meet those requirements
- Keeping up with changes in the markets that we provide cover for our clients
- To deal with general queries and mid-term adjustments on behalf of clients
- To perform all Broker ad hoc or necessary duties as they arise
- To ensure appropriate, accurate and relevant documentation is received and sent to clients in the approved time frame
- To ensure documentation to Insurers and or Underwriters is sent and responded to in the agreed
- time framework
- To forward to broker support appropriate and completed work documents in order for paperwork for processing and company records update
Requirements and prospects
- Have the ability to create specialist quotations and policy documents
- Have the ability to identify needs and demands of a client’s commercial business
- Strong IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- 5 GCSE grade A*-C/ 9-4 including maths and English or equivalent
- Career progression after completing Apprenticeship
Things to consider
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
- The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Brunel Insurance Brokers Limited provides clients with insurance services for all commercial classes with a focus on sophisticated corporate clients requiring a professional and advisory proposition.
Brunel Insurance Brokers is part of the Brunel Group acting for over 8,000 corporate, commercial and personal clients throughout the UK, covering a wide spectrum of businesses from small owner-managed businesses, to SMEs and larger corporates. We work nationally to ensure all clients receive personalised advice and excellent service across our six UK offices.
Additional location information
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Babington Business College Ltd
Aksa Munir 07584473976 email@example.com
- Insurance Professional Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
Full on-the-job training and support will be provided to enable the successful applicant to undertake the full range of duties required of the role. All apprentices are required to complete and evidence 20% of the job learning whilst on their apprenticeship.
In addition, the apprenticeship will be delivered primarily on our online platform, Babington Online and you will receive full support from our dedicated team of Training Advisors via workshops, webinars and regularly scheduled reviews, conducted by Skype and/or Phone.
The Level 3 Certificate in Insurance is a core qualification for insurance staff working across all sectors of the industry.
The apprenticeship develops core knowledge and confidence of the key disciplines needed before the learner focuses their subsequent studies and specialise according to their ambitions and career requirements.
The learner’s duties could include:
- Supporting the acquisition of new clients and retention of existing clients
- Handling client queries
- Processing and analysing data
- Preparing and issuing documentation and general office administration
This Level 3 certificate will provide the learner with a grounding in basic insurance principles including:
- The regulatory environment
- Key disciplines of underwriting
- Claims in addition to popular products such as motor, household, healthcare and packaged commercial insurances
Apprentices will study for the Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII) before taking their End-Point Assessment. Apprentices must have achieved Level 2 English and mathematics.
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.