Fashion Studio Assistant Apprentice EVERLEY STUDIO LIMITED
Matching print colours, buying and returning inspirational samples, managing social media platforms, appropriate email and telephone correspondence with clients, client management, fabric swatch managements, fulfilling orders, organising and attending photo shoots, and assisting the design team to prepare for client meetings.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
04 Nov 2021
14 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Produce commercial and innovative design solutions to briefs. Develop product design handwriting, displaying a breadth of design handwriting to ensure our customers are happy with the product we provide
- Support the Design Team and studio in fulfilling key tasks across the season. Key roles to include matching print colours, buying and returning inspirational samples, managing social media platforms, appropriate email and telephone correspondence with clients, client management, fabric swatch managements, fulfilling orders, organising and attending photo shoots, and assisting design team to prepare for client meetings
- Assist in the research, preparation and presentation of relevant and appropriate category trend and supplier meetings. Demonstrate a good level of research and analytical skills to keep abreast of key customer requirements, market trends and conditions, product trends including technological advancements
- Ensure the sampling process is efficient. Produces precise design packs and fulfils delegated seasonal design briefs with commercial and innovative solutions, supported by illustrating/briefing/sourcing key materials and details. Ensure accurate samples are produced. Maintains comprehensive records of design projects
- Works on designated product ranges/projects. Takes ownership of design, product development and sampling process, engaging relevant stakeholders throughout, with the support from Designer
- Ability to work alone to deadline
- Be confident to attend shopping and supplier meetings without designer once experienced
- Clear communication is vital, as you will be working with professional offices and suppliers from all over the world and reporting into two designers that manage a large design team
Requirements and prospects
- Understanding of Adobe Creative suite, including photoshop, illustrator, indesign and procreate also a bonus. Some training will be given
- Good working knowledge of colour and how to use pantone colour online and physically working with pantone library
- Demonstrates a strong understanding fashion/design industry and love for clothing
- Ability to see opportunities to help
- Can manage time well and work independently when needed
- Keen and passionate to learn
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- GCSE maths and English Grades C/4 and above or equivalent
- Relevant industry experience within a design studio
This is an opportunity to give you a career in fashion.
Things to consider
The office you will be based in is up a flight of stairs. Occasionally, you may be required to travel to shop or for meetings.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Everley studios is a fashion and print design company ran by two directors Sarah and Rachel who will be the employers for the apprentice. They are both highly experienced designers that run Everley studios.
Everley studios works closely with small brand projects and suppliers to provide a personal and adapted approach to meet each client's design needs.
EVERLEY STUDIO LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Solihull College
Mani Dhillon 0121 678 7145 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fashion studio assistant apprenticeship standard
- Functional skills in English and maths as required
- End point assessment
Fashion studio assistant
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.