Administration Assistant Apprentice Bluebell Park School
Bluebell Park School seeks a friendly, flexible and efficient Administration Assistant Apprentice, to provide routine general clerical, administrative and financial support to the school under the direction / instruction of senior staff.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
13 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Bluebell Park School are looking to offer the right candidate an exciting opportunity, to join their established team as an Apprentice on a structured programme; which will allow you to gain first-hand experience as a Administration Assistant Apprentice. The programme will take you through the key operational areas within the school, where you will acquire the skills needed to succeed within the industry whilst gaining a recognised qualification.
The role is primarily to assist the Business Manager and 3 Administration Officers with reception duties along with completing administrative duties throughout all aspects of the school. The role will suit any candidate wanting to find a good basis for a career and who is keen to engage in support skills working towards more responsibility and knowledge.
- Undertake typing, word processing and other ICT based tasks including the production of letters, reports, etc.
- Provide routine clerical support e.g. photocopying, filing, emailing, faxing, and completing routine forms
- Sorting external mail
- Provide routine administrative support in relation to the production and distribution of specific materials e.g. school newsletters, school prospectus etc
- Liaising with members of the public, students and staff regarding school related enquiries.
- Undertake reception duties, answering routine telephone and face to face enquiries and signing visitors in and out
- To assist with pupil first aid/welfare duties, looking after sick pupils, liaising with parents/carers and/or staff etc
- Provide hospitality for visitors to the school
- Operate office equipment e.g. computer, photocopier, shredder, fax machine etc. in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions
- To arrange the orderly and secure storage of school supplies e.g. stationery
- Undertake routine general financial administration e.g. collection and accurate recording of dinner money, school trip money, charity events
Support for School:
- Be aware of and comply with school policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Be aware of and support differences to help ensure everyone has equal access to the services of the school and feels valued, respecting their social, cultural, linguistic, religious and ethnic background
- Contribute to the school ethos, aims and development/improvement plan
- Work as part of a team, appreciating and supporting the role of other people in the team
- Attend and participate in meetings as required
- Undertake personal development through training and other learning activities including performance management as required
- Assist with pupil needs as appropriate during the working hours
This job description is an outline of the role and function. It is not intended to describe all specific tasks.
The position will include ongoing in-house training, mentoring and support in order to be able to carry out the duties required as a part of the role.
Requirements and prospects
- Articulate and must have very strong communication skills
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Good IT skills
- Ability to work both on own initiative and also as part of a team
- Good telephone manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Must be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Reliable, good time keeping
- Willingness to learn and be self motivated
- Good organisational skills
- Flexible approach to work
- Smart appearance
5 Grade 4 and bellow ncluding Maths and English or equivalent.
Bluebell Park School are looking for a committed and enthusiastic candidate who is willing to learn and who wishes to progress within the school into a permanent role upon completion of the Apprenticeship should a suitable opportunity become available.
Things to consider
Candidates must ensure they are able to arrive at the school and be ready to start work at 8.30am every day and flexible with hours of work should need arise. The successful candidate must be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DSB check and confirm their eligibility to work in the UK.
About the employer
Bluebell Park opened in September 2012. It is a purpose built special school which caters for pupils with a statement of educational needs and high level complex needs. This includes severe learning difficulties, physical medical difficulties and severe Autistic Spectrum Conditions. We have 201 pupils age range 3 - 19 years and 130 staff members. The school’s mission statement is ‘ Learn about our world, care for others and celebrate achievement ‘.
NORTH WEST COMMUNITY SERVICES TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by North West Community Services (Merseyside) Ltd
Shirley Ashcroft 07957 964802 firstname.lastname@example.org
Training will be provided using a blended delivery by North West Community Services Training Ltd using various learning platforms.
An occupationally trained assessor will be assigned to assist you in all aspects of your training towards your Level 3 qualification in Business Administration (Standard).
You will be supported in working towards your End-Point Assessment (Project Presentation, Portfolio interview and Knowledge Test) conducted by an external provider.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.