Fenestration Installer Apprenticeship AMB Glass & Malvern Windows
AMB Glass and Malvern Windows Ltd are looking for the right candidate to work within this experienced and well run company to gain a Level 2 apprenticeship in Fenestration Installer. The aim is to become a fully qualified, independent window, door, conservatory and bifold door installer.
Closing date: 19 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 42.50
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
22 Nov 2021
03 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
As a fenestration apprentice you will assist in day-to-day tasks and learn how to remove old windows, doors and conservatories, and the installation of new. You will use a variety of specialised tools to undertake all the projects for this position including manual and power tools.
This apprenticeship will provide you with skills, knowledge and experience at the top end of the double-glazing industry. AMB Glass and Malvern Windows Ltd installs high quality windows, doors, conservatories and bifold doors across the Midlands.
You will also be responsible for:
- Site cleanliness
- Loading, unloading, and general labouring
- Site health and safety rules and regulations
- As an apprentice working in and around properties, you will have good customer service skills and a polite outlook
Requirements and prospects
- Good practical skills and a natural attention to detail
- Be safety conscious (as glass can be fragile and hazardous)
- Be physically able, with the strength to carry tools and materials
- Be able to work at heights
- Be able to measure and make calculations
- Great customer service and communication skills
- Works well as part of a team or by themselves when required
- Well organised, enthusiastic, committed and hard working
- Excellent timekeeping as well as being reliable
- Drive and determination to push yourself to succeed
- Achieve and maintain high standards
- Able to solve problems in a timely manner
- Confidence in talking with colleagues, customers and other trades
- Willing to learn and do their best
- Team player
- No previous qualifications required
- On completion of the level 2 Fenestration qualification, providing you show the correct skills and abilities, you will have the opportunity to progress onto a full-time position and possibly a level 3 apprenticeship
- We are looking to invest our knowledge, skills and time in the right person. This position has the potential to develop into a successful career for the right candidate with the position growing with the company
Things to consider
- Please be aware we work outside as well as inside on our jobs as they demand, as such you may be out in the cold for long periods of time
- The work can also be physically quite demanding so please consider this before applying
About the employer
Here at AMB Glass and Malvern Windows we understand that every persons home is their castle and it is for that very reason that we are here to walk you through your investment be it large or small. We will endeavour to cater for any aspect of glazing and have competitive rates. We specialise in the installation of Windows, Doors, Conservatories, Secondary and Decorative Internal Glazing throughout the Midlands. We do not use sub-contract fitters, all of our teams are employed directly by us extending the family feel of the business. Our qualified installation teams take personal pride in their work offering you the very best quality with a friendly and helpful manner. Don’t take our word for it, take a look at our testimonials.
We have been providing a professional customer focused service since 1984. Over the years we have built up an enviable reputation through sheer dedication to our customer needs and attention to quality and service. We are genuinely the longest trading Double Glazing Company in Malvern, still run by the original founder. Our repeat customers over the years are testimony to this.
GLASS & FENESTRATION TRAINING SOLUTIONS LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Glass & Fenestration Training Solutions Ltd
Emma Hawke 01208 813568 email@example.com
The apprenticeship in Fenestration consists of:
- Intermediate Standard Apprenticeship Fenestration Installer
- Functional Skills in English and Maths (Level 1/2) where applicable
All aspects of your training will be delivered on-site with your employer, and you will have regular site visits every six to eight weeks from your designated assessor, who will monitor your progress throughout your apprenticeship programme.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.