Apprentice Community Activator Coach Level 2 Aaasports Ltd
AAAsports are one of the largest Gymnastics and Trampoline providers in the North of England. Working towards becoming a qualified gymnastics and/or trampoline coach, gaining experience of delivery with club and school environments, including festivals and events, learning administration skills including the use of numerous software applications.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
15 Sep 2022
27 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
AAAsports are one of the largest Gymnastics & Trampoline providers in the North of England, working with members of all ages and abilities, in addition to schools and youth groups.
Due to increased demand, we are looking for passionate and enthusiastic Apprentices to join our team. Successful candidates will experience a wide range of fun and challenging situations, in an apprenticeship position where no two days are ever the same!
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and qualifications within a coaching environment, with excellent future career opportunities with AAAsports beyond the initial apprenticeship, including full-time positions and additional qualifications for the right candidate.
- Working towards becoming a qualified gymnastics and/or trampoline coach
- Gaining experience of delivery with club and school environments, including festivals and events
- Learning administration skills including the use of numerous software applications
- Developing customer service skills and rapport building techniques with a variety of participants and spectators
- Assisting with the setting up and derigging of equipment
- Completing safeguarding training and maintaining a safe environment for everyone partaking in activities
- Working with a varied team in numerous different roles throughout the business
- Any other duties identified by your line manager that may occasionally arise
Requirements and prospects
- A genuine interest in sports activities, ideally gymnastics and/or trampoline
- The desire to work with members of all ages, particularly children
- Friendly and approachable, with excellent rapport building skills
- Reliable, hard worker and a team player
- Desire to gain new skills, experiences and qualifications
- Planning and organisational skills
- Hardworking and willingness to learn
- Flexible and adaptable
- Confident and outgoing
GCSE's A-E / 9-2 or equivalent or be willing to work towards their qualifications.
Candidates who successfully complete the Apprenticeship along with the additional coaching qualifications offered may be offered the of full-time employment with AAAsports in a variety of coaching and/or administration positions, in addition to further qualification opportunities through the AAAsports Coach Education Programme.
Things to consider
- Able to pass an enhanced DBS check
- Willing to gain additional qualifications in coaching, safeguarding and equality
- Working hours vary each week, and can be from 9.00am to 9.00pm
- This role will involve evening and weekend working
- This role is very physical at times, including the setting up of equipment and the supporting of members
- Our members come from a wide variety of backgrounds, including a range of disabilities
About the employer
AAAsports is one of the largest Gymnastics and Trampoline providers in the North of England. Based from our dedicated centre in Sunderland, AAAsports delivers classes to hundreds of members each week across our main site, our satellite locations and our school delivery partners.
AAAsports aim to deliver high quality classes to our members of all ages and abilities, providing enriching experiences for everyone and providing support to partners with festivals and competitions at local, regional and national level.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City of Sunderland College
Community Activator Coach Standard Level 2
Community activator coach
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.