Waste Resource Operatives Apprentice TKL Earthworks Limited
We are looking for a Waste Resource Operative to join our team on an exciting apprenticeship. Trained within our waste recycling centre based in Rotherham, gaining an understanding of the principles of waste and recycling. Identifying waste and recyclables, sorting and segregation, duty of care and health, safety, quality and environmental issues.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
01 Sep 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
As a Waste Resource Operative, you will be trained within our waste recycling centre in Wath Upon Dearne, South Yorkshire. You will be trained in how to carry out waste recycling and segregation on a redox machine segregating material such as wood, metals and cardboard. You will also ensure that processes and tasks are carried out safely and responsibly. As a Waste Resource Operative, you will also assist in the day to day running of the yard including general maintenance. You will gain Health & Safety training including manual handling as well as Asbestos training if necessary and full PPE is provided.
Duties may include:
- Carry out waste recycling and segregation on a redox machine segregating material such as wood, metals and cardboard
- Ensure processes and tasks are carried out safely and responsibly
- Assist in the day to day running of the yard including general maintenance
- Health & Safety training including manual handling as well as
- Asbestos training if necessary
- Wear full PPE where necessary
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent teamwork skills to complete work processes as part of a team within performance requirements
- Communication skills to ensure you can work effectively with colleagues within the busy and fast paced environment
- Health & Safety; the individual must at all times follow the Health & Safety procedures to ensure a responsible workplace
- We are looking for an individual who is willing to learn and is interested in a career in the waste industry
- Professionalism; be open, honest and consistent
- None required
Fixed Term 12-month apprenticeship with the opportunity to commence a permanent position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- Able to lift equipment
- Long days on your feet
About the employer
Here at TKL Skip Hire, we have over 50 years’ experience in waste management and have an excellent reputation for our fast, reliable, and friendly service. We can provide skips for almost any job and make the process simple for you. We understand that skip hire can seem daunting, but we know what we’re talking about and are on hand to help.
Serious about recycling…
We have invested over £2 million in a state of the art recycling plant, meaning timber, plastic and metals and all separate and taken away for recycling. We have numerous waste transfer sites to cover our whole delivery area, meaning the vast majority of your waste is recycled and given a new lease of life. Our current success rates are over 94% and increasing rapidly, so you can rest assured your waste is disposed of in the most efficient and environmentally friendly way possible.
We are a fully licensed waste carrier…
All our documents, including waste carrier’s license, are available on request, but if you need anything specific just ask and we will do our best to help you.
AXIA SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Axia Solutions Limited
Ellie Rowland 01782572777 email@example.com
- Level 2 Waste Resource Operative Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English & maths
Waste resource operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.