Business Administration Apprenticeship City of Sunderland College
Northumberland College has a fantastic opportunity for an apprentice to work as part of the Front of House Team to provide efficient and effective customer focussed administration and front of house services to the College.
Closing date: 31 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
10 Jan 2022
06 Aug 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- To work as part of the Front of House team providing an efficient and effective customer focussed administration services to the College.
- To provide excellent customer service and act as an ambassador of the College at all times
- Assist in the co-ordination and organisation of all enrolment.
- Undertake any other administrative duties appropriate to the level of responsibility of the post and to work within other sections at other locations within the College as required.
- Provide administrative functions to support College Curriculum and Support Teams across the College as required (e.g. post process, room booking, producing and providing letters, data input, cash handling, customer liaison, etc.).
- Provide a welcoming, professional, friendly and courteous reception service to customers, visitors and members of staff and participate fully in promoting a professional and positive image.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to manage own time to ensure the timely completion of projects.
- Ability to develop people skills to communicate face to face, over the phone or via email
- Understanding of Microsoft software, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Outgoing, hardworking and be able to demonstrate a practical can-do approach to the way you work
- A positive attitude and the ability to work using own initiative
- Fast learning, hardworking, with an attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Confidence in dealing with clients of all types
- GCSE maths at C/4 and above or equivalent
- GCSE English C/4 and above or equivalent
- ICT qualification C/4 and above or equivalent (or willing to work towards)
This is an exciting opportunity for entry into the administration profession and it will give you a broad range of skills. You will be outgoing, hardworking and be able to demonstrate a practical can-do approach to the way you work.
Things to consider
- DBS check carried out on appointment.
- Candidates will be expected to bring reference details.
- This role may involve long periods working at a computer.
- You will be working on a rota between 2 Campuses:
- Ashington Campus (College Road, Ashington, NE63 9RG)
- Kirkley Hall Campus (Ponteland, NE20 0AQ)
- Public transport is limited (X79 only) to Kirkley Hall so access to personal transport will be required.
About the employer
Northumberland College provides a wide range of academic and vocational courses for school leavers and adults ranging from Foundation Learning, BTec’s to A Level’s and Degrees. The college offer includes a range Agriculture, Horticulture, Equine and Animal related courses at our specialist Kirkley Hall Campus, plus Higher Education qualifications working in partnership with numerous Universities.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northumberland College
- Level 3 Business Administration
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.