Poultry Production Apprentice J J DAVISON & SONS LIMITED
Want a great career in agriculture? If so, this is an exciting opportunity to work on high tech broiler production farm.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2021
30 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
As a Poultry Production Apprentice, you will support the day to day duties on a modern Poultry site producing poultry for consumption. You will work alongside the farm manager to develop the range of skills and knowledge to ensure the smooth running of the farm.
Possible duties could include:
- Daily shed checks and husbandry procedures
- Complete all record cards as required by Farm Manager
- Keep site clean and tidy
- Assist with bird placement and de-population
- Assist with minor farm maintenance
- Complete all daily tasks in line with company biosecurity
- Communicate any problems found to the Farm Manager
- Ensure compliance with the company Health & Safety policy
- Ensure the correct PPE is used for tasks undertaken.
- Any other duties required by your Manager
This will be a great environment for an Apprentice looking to train and develop within the poultry industry.
Requirements and prospects
- Good timekeeping skills
- Good communication skills
- Have a flexible approach to work
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative
- Be reliable and hardworking
- Have a positive attitude
- Good sense of humour
- Have a genuine interest in Agriculture
- Ability to prioritise duties / tasks with the guidance of the Farm Manager
- This is a physically demanding role & will involve animal husbandry & handling
- Someone who is practical and can also record information accurately
- You must be able to follow set methods and procedures
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- Ability to be aware of problems and ask for help
If you do not have GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English, then you will be required to complete Level 1 maths and English Functional Skills alongside the apprenticeship.
A full-time position/progression within the organisation will be considered on completion of the 18-month apprenticeship programme.
Things to consider
This is an agricultural role some outdoor work will be required as well as unsociable hours; this can include early mornings/weekend work.
Many agricultural sites are located within the countryside; therefore own transport will be essential. When applying for vacancies please bear this in mind.
This work is only with poultry, no other livestock is kept at the farm. Some maintenance of the premises and simple repair of equipment may be involved with this job.
About the employer
The Davison’s have been farming locally since 1924.
There is a well-established arable farm growing crops like potatoes, sugar beet and combinable crops.
The modern poultry farm was built approx. 6years ago to diversify the farming activities and create a side to the farm which is less weather dependent.
There is also an Anaerobic Digestion plant adjacent to the poultry farm using the chicken litter and other farm produce to create biogas which generates electricity for the grid.
The poultry farm has built a strong reputation of excellent performance coupled with a strong desire for second to none welfare of the chickens.
It is in this environment that we are looking to recruit someone who has the desire to learn, work hard, and enjoy being part of a team on a modern high-tech farm.
J J DAVISON & SONS LIMITED
POULTEC TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Poultec Training Ltd
Adam Bales firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Poultry Worker apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- Preparation for End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Level 2 work-based Diploma in Agriculture
- Short courses in Poultry Welfare, Farm Hygiene and Biosecurity, Health and Safety, Manual Handling
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.