Horticulture Apprenticeship Urban Planters Cheshire
The ideal candidate will have a passion for horticulture. The role is physically demanding and involves working outside in all weather conditions, which you must be comfortable with. Team working; work alone and as part of a team effectively and recognize how all staff are dependent on each other to meet business objectives.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
30 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- General Grounds Maintenance
- Grass Cutting and Strimming
- Shrub pruning
- Hedge cutting
- Weed Maintenance
- Herbicide Application (if certificated)
- Litter picking
- Using a range of powered and non-powered horticultural equipment
- To assist with soft landscaping projects
- To undertake any other duties required by Management within the job holder’s competence.
- Complete a level 2 NVQ in Amenity Horticulture
- Always act in a professional manner as a representative of the organisation.
- Comply with all relevant health and safety requirements
- Ensure that the clients are always completely satisfied
- Initiate suggestions to improve the organisations performance
- Complete timesheets and other paperwork and ensure all is handed in promptly
Requirements and prospects
- Full training given
- Numeracy skills
- Literacy skills
- Team working
- Comfortable dealing with the public
- work to deadlines
- Willing to learn and work outdoors
- Must be enthusiastic
- Must work well in a small team
- The candidate must be dedicated to completing the apprenticeship qualifications.
- A friendly approach is essential
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must be proactive in their approach to work
GCSES English and maths or equivalent are desirable however not essential as Functional Skills are offered as part of the Apprenticeship Framework.
- Could lead to a Team Leader role
Things to consider
- Important Other Information:
- This role will involve working outdoors in all weathers and be physically challenging, working with chemicals (full training given) lifting is required, you will get dirty wet and cold!
About the employer
- Urban Planters design, source, install and maintain indoor and outdoor plants and other plant-related products.
- We also provide a full landscape design and grounds maintenance service.
- In short: a total horticultural solution.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Reaseheath College
- Reaseheath Training will be the apprenticeship provider for this Level 2 apprenticeship.
- The employer will give guidance and support throughout
- Off-the-job training must make up at least 20% of the apprentice’s contracted hours, over the total duration of the apprentice’s planned training period
- This Standard apprenticeship may include Functional Skills in maths, English & ICT
Horticulture or landscape operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.