Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning Technician Apprentice Complete Cooling Services Ltd
Complete Cooling Services Ltd are looking to recruit an apprentice to join their experienced team of technicians, who service, repair & maintain air conditioning, refrigeration & ventilation equipment.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2021
£184.80 to £356.40
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
29 Oct 2021
28 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
An air conditioning technician is a specialist occupation involved in planning, preparing and safely carrying out servicing, repairs & maintenance activities on air conditioning & ventilation systems in a range of locations.
Once qualified a competent technician will work without any immediate supervision and liaises effectively with other trades and end users.
The role includes:
- Learning and mastering the installation of systems
- Positioning and fixing pipework
- Testing and fault-finding
- Monitoring performance to ensure systems are maintained to provide maximum performance and efficiency
Throughout this apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to work at a variety of locations as and when new projects arise.
You will be required to attend College on a weekly block release basis and undertake any additional training as requested and to take an active part in the apprentice review process.
You will be required to follow Health & Safety policy and procedures, including the wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required, use all tools, equipment and materials safely and build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, customers and other trades.
A technician is required to be familiar with industry Codes of Practice and other sources of information where UK Safety and Environmental legislation are key drivers of the rapid changes in technology and processes with the sector.
Requirements and prospects
- Demonstrate the ability to work calmly under pressure and to agreed deadlines and able to prioritise work and manage a number of tasks at the same time
- Able to follow clearly given instructions and demonstrate good attention to detail
- Will need to liaise and interact with a wide range of people including with team colleagues, clients and suppliers plus other trades people so excellent communication skills are an essential
- A safety first approach - where risks are identified and steps immediately taken remove their impact
- Strong work ethic - a highly motivated individual with initiative and a 'can do' attitude and approach to work, with the drive and ability to work under their own direction or within a team of professionals
- Punctual, reliable and hardworking
- Keen to learn and develop new skills
Minimum entry requirements: maths, English Language and ICT GCSE grade 8-4+/A-C* and above (or equivalent qualification).
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
Complete Cooling Services are a local company who care passionately that all of their customers get the very best service and support in their air conditioning and comfort cooling requirements. Their highly trained team of skilled technicians have over 107 years of combined experience.
Everything is geared to efficiently providing their customers with the best possible choice of products and services, while maintaining value for money. This professional approach has also helped establish a great working relationship with leading equipment suppliers to ensure that their customers have a wide range of solutions and options to help best met their individual requirements.
Complete Cooling Services Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Level 3 Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Technician Apprenticeship.
Refrigeration air conditioning and heat pump engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.