Electrical Engineering Fitter VECSTAR LIMITED
Leading UK manufacturer of Electric high-temp Furnaces and Industrial Ovens have a great opportunity for an Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering. Working on the build and repair section you will be trained in all aspects of the design, build and assembly of our high-temp products.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
24 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Read & understand engineering drawings produced from 3D CAD designs
- Fitting of electrical parts
- Cutting and installation of high temp insulation
- Assembly of electrical wiring, high temp insulation and heating elements and controllers
- Final assembly and testing of complete Furnaces including safety checks & quality assurance certs
Requirements and prospects
- Excited to work in a manufacturing environment
- A fast learner who likes a challenge
- Punctual and reliable
- Respectful and honest
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- A genuine interest in engineering with an electrical bias
- Some previous training/experience within an engineering environment would be an advantage but not essential
- Enjoys working alongside skilled tradespeople to learn the art of complete assembly of all our Heating products
- Including your excellent academic skills you will consider yourself to be a practical person with good attention to detail
- You will be someone with a positive attitude who is hard working, eager to learn and who shows respect for others
- GCSE Grade C (4) & above in English & maths or equivalent
- Level 2 in engineering advantageous
- Progression throughout the company
- Design and CAD opportunities
- HNC/HND for the right candidate
Things to consider
Must be able to travel to work on a daily basis and to the training Chesterfield College centre on day release.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Vecstar designs and manufactures best in class high temperature products for our customers in the aerospace, engineering, materials science, medical, bio-science and manufacturing industries around the world for over 35 years. We pride ourselves on the quality of support we provide to every customer, whether they are purchasing from our standard range of products or working with them to design and manufacture custom equipment specific to their needs.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chesterfield College
Rachael Wood 0345 850 1055 APLU@chesterfield.ac.uk
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards the Engineering Fitter Standard, with support from your employer and Learning Unlimited.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete maths, and English Functional Skills which is an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded an additional certificates of recognition for these qualifications.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.